Furniture for section 8 family

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Misery
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Furniture for section 8 family

Post by Misery » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Currently I am staying at a shelter. A volunteer is working on locating an apartment for me as soon as possible.
My question to you is which organization in the North Shore has the cash assistance moving voucher so I can utilize these funds to purchase items I will need to help me furnish the new home. I will also need additional things that other places like St. Vincent De Paul or others will donate.
Also would you have a list of other programs that you feel will help make my move as stress free as possible. I was told per the Board of House three months I had to vacate my apartment where I lived in Salem. I was told that day due to several problems with the apartment one in particular mold and I also fell down the entire flight of stairs that ended up a hospitalization from a broken back.

BillsMafia

Re: Furniture for section 8 family

Post by BillsMafia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello, I live in portage county Ohio and I'm struggling really bad. I have two children. I need furniture as in beds for my children, TVs and help with my bulk fuel and section 8 voucher. I can't afford to heat my house with fuel and was also looking at putting my children in private schools but don't have the money. Is there grants or free money for single moms to get furniture?

AlexisJohnson

Re: Furniture for section 8 family

Post by AlexisJohnson » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Please I'm a single disabled mom on only 1010.00 in disability. I've been paying 700.00 for almost 2 years for section 8 home and I've been through so much with being a domestic violence survivor, homeless, car being stolen. Then about 3 weeks ago my world fell apart. I found bed bugs. I treated the home got rid of furniture. Then 1 week ago my neighbor who's verbally and mentally abusive to me called our landlord told him I had bed bugs, and parties and stuff well now I'm being kicked out have a month to month lease. So I have no way to save for the furniture with the little bit of money I get. So we will be homeless and I'm trying to prevent that. Please can you help us?