Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Midnight
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless aid from Saint Vincent

Post by Midnight »

Hello,
We have a daily visitor who comes to our church for a sack lunch. He would like to know where he can go locally (Sherman Oaks, Encino, Studio City, Van Nuys areas) sanctioned by St. Vincent de Paul for financial assistance or at the very least bus tokens. He is homeless and would love help with job placement. Previously he worked in labor jobs throughout LA. He is from Guatemalan but speaks good English and is in her mid-fifties. He does not have access to a phone. If you could provide me with addresses he could stop for help, we’d most appreciate it.
Convent

Re: Homeless aid from Saint Vincent

Post by Convent »

To whom it may concern,
I am seeking rental assistance. I am disabled and receive SSDI, most months I squeak by, but social security claimed over-payment and withheld large portion of check, of which I am appealing. However, I cannot make rent for month again. I have reached out to Caring Place and St Vincent De Paul last month. I have been told the problem has been corrected but can take up to 60 days to process.
Thank you.
Ebonee

Post by Ebonee »

St Vincent de Paul put us into a hotel for 6 days, we were told that we could possibly get into the homeless shelter Monday, but they are still full. We have nowhere to go as if Right now since there are 3 adults and 2 children. They also provided us with two Kruger cards that are now empty. We aren't sure what to do at all, sleeping in our vehicle with the children wouldn't be good. Please email me back. Thank you And God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If Saint Vincent paid for a hotel for 6 days, you should be very grateful to them. That is incredible and most have con\st them a pretty penny. Maybe go look for a shelter on your own and be self-sufficient instead of waiting on them or asking others to help ypu. You need to address your own problems to end your cycle of homelessness. But if you needed more information on Saint Vincent, read more.
Ebonee wrote:St Vincent de Paul put us into a hotel for 6 days, we were told that we could possibly get into the homeless shelter Monday, but they are still full.
Mervin S

Post by Mervin S »

I have tried Salvation Army, CCS, and St. Vinneys for help with Security Deposit and First months’ rent. They all told me they don't help with that. Can you give me any other names of places that might help? I live in Eugene, Oregon/ Lane County. I have been homeless for 3 months living in my car.
My SSI/Disability check isn't enough. I was homeless but just got section 8 voucher so if l can get help getting in l can do it. I have until next Friday to get this together or l will lose it. Well Thursday l need 200.00 and the rest Friday. Please any info you have that may help me. Thank You.
Insta

Post by Insta »

Rental before eviction and any help with pay lenders who loaned me rent assistance out of personal fixed income. I still have back rent. I had some personal hardships with theft. SSI issues and raised of rent notice after 6 months after rectification appointment of last year. Did process in June for August to pay move in of 2014 bill for 324 dollars on the door in November.
My lease reads l was to have 30 days’ notice at the time of raise, or I will be homeless. Did not receive any had to use my St Vincent and YWCA resources for these. My mom got sick and had to help her not lose her home of 40 years and l have had knee and other health issues during all this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

the Society of St. Vincent will require a home visit. Someone will drop by to see you and your mother...see living conditions, interview with what you need, financial resources, savings, etc. This is a standard process from that charity. But find more details on the St. Vincent de Paul in Indianapolis.
Insta wrote:My lease reads l was to have 30 days’ notice at the time of raise, or I will be homeless. Did not receive any had to use my St Vincent and YWCA resources for these. My mom got sick and had to help her not lose her home of 40 years and l have had knee and other health issues during all this.
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

My family is homeless, and we have been for 3 months'. I Recently got a Voucher from St. Vincent DePaul, for $120 FOR 3 days at True vine hotel, in Henderson KY. I thank them so much. I'm asking for more help to pay for our room here. Because I have Apartment inline on the first of September. I'm asking for help to pay for are room until then. If we can't get help, we will be staying in our truck, with a broken window. We don't have no gas to keep moving. I'm reaching out. In the Name of Jesus. Thank you. Henderson KY.
Lynn45r70

Post by Lynn45r70 »

To whom it may concern,
I have read this site and was wondering if could help me with a motel voucher for a few days, I have had bad past 18-24 months. I lost my wife, she passed in her sleep & then they found stage 3 colon cancer then my mother passed away 12-21-17 & my world crashed. I started losing everything then this past June I lost mom's house and a few months ago my car got stolen with everything I owed was in the trunk. Then my identity was stolen and my credit score has been too low to get a loan to help out so could you help me with a room at any motel or just whatever you can afford to and would you know where I might get help find an apartment for low income or help people on disability. I need this because I could really use some help back on my feet.
Thanks for time & attention also have a great evening.
Here is my number if anyone can help me please contact me at.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot that is needed. Use the main site here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/
Then use the search box at the top to search for what you need, and be sure to type in your county, city, etc. as you use that search box.
Lynn45r70 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:58 pm To whom it may concern,
I have read this site and was wondering if could help me with a motel voucher for a few days, I have had bad past 18-24 months. I lost my wife, she passed in her sleep & then they found stage 3 colon cancer then my mother passed away 12-21-17 & my world crashed. I started losing everything then this past June I lost mom's house and a few months ago my car got stolen with everything I owed was in the trunk. Then my identity was stolen and my credit score has been too low to get a loan to help out so could you help me with a room at any motel or just whatever you can afford to and would you know where I might get help find an apartment for low income or help people on disability. I need this because I could really use some help back on my feet.
Thanks for time & attention also have a great evening.
Here is my number if anyone can help me please contact me at.
Thank you
Nurtaslim

Post by Nurtaslim »

Myself and my 15 year old daughter are technically homeless. We are staying with a friend right now and with St. Vincent de Paul.
I work and I need to purchase a car for us. I have a seller of a decent one owner car offering to sell it to us, but I need assistance from Saint Vincent on getting the inspection and registration.
We currently have an open case with Perry county assistance office for medical and food stamps.
Her school of West Perry sends a van out to where we are staying to get her back and forth to school.
I have been in contact with Sherry @Join Hands in New Bloomfield PA.They have no funds available until April 29th, 2021.
I am also contacting Perry Human Services for help.
How can I apply for help through your Saint Vincent organization?
Thank you kindly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you work, so have an income, then try low income subsidized housing. There are apartments, rental homes, condos, etc. in every state as part of services from HUD. Read about section 8 HCV vouchers near you. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... using.html
Nurtaslim wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 am Myself and my 15 year old daughter are technically homeless. We are staying with a friend right now and with St. Vincent de Paul.
I work and I need to purchase a car for us.
PetHelpers

Post by PetHelpers »

Good morning,
My name is Michael. I live in Putnam CT and I need aid before I go homeless. I am struggling pretty bad right now and I am not sure I’ll be able to pay my rent this month. My mother told me to contact Saint Vincent DePaul because you offer rent assistance and a bunch of other things for struggling families. I am embarrassed to ask for help but I’m desperate right now. I barely have food in my house and I’m struggling to pay rent and utilities this month. I hope Saint Vincent will help before I lose my home and am homeless.
I also fell behind on my car. I’m mostly worried about my rent and I know you guys do food pantries that I will be checking out. I am soo nervous and don’t know what to do at this point. I don’t need the full amount of my rent for assistance. I will have most of it. I’m just at a loss right now. I hope to hear back soon. During the day I’m at work and I work at electric boat so it’s hard for me to answer but I can answer emails or call when I get off work.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you live in Connecticut, we have details on programs you can try for emergency rent assistance. There are grants, attorneys, and other resources that may help you, and look here for emergency rent assistance in state of CT.
PetHelpers wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:50 am Good morning,
My name is Michael. I live in Putnam CT and I need aid before I go homeless.