How can your church help me and family with eviction

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
TigWoods
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

How can your church help me and family with eviction

Post by TigWoods »

I am writing in regards to the enclosed eviction notice. My children and I have to be out of the apartment in October if I don’t come up with all of the monies.
I have been employed with DSS child support for over a year. Unfortunately my position here is listed as a temporary grant. This means that at the end of every one year of service, I have to take an unpaid two week leave while it is determined whether or not I will be brought back in to continue my employment with the agency. I was instructed to apply for unemployment benefits and did so. Unfortunately the claim was not even processed until it was time for me to come back from my leave.
After returning to work, I had to work two weeks in the whole and my first pay check was only a partial check as a result of the date that I came back to work. Due to my food stamp recertification form being faxed in to the wrong county, my food stamps were cut in March and decreased in April. During this time, I was on unpaid leave and I had to use what little bit of money that I had to feed my children.
Please can your Catholic Charity church please help me with this? I don’t know what else to do or where to go?
Thank you in advance for your immediate attention and cooperation in this matter.
Respectfully submitted,
sasolis
anti spam: Blue

Re: How can your church help me and family with eviction

Post by sasolis »

I believe you need to call each place listed to see if there is help available. There are many resources but you need to contact them. Also call for local resource information.
Lucent

Re: How can your church help me and family with eviction

Post by Lucent »

Hello,
I hope I find the right source of church to get help. Currently, we are in being evicted by landlord due to non-payment. My husband needs mental help which I am trying to get for him and as a result we are closed to separation and eventually a divorce will be imminent. The whole family is counting on my as I am left to find help alone.
My kids are 9 and 10 years old and school is starting in less than a week. The court hearing for eviction is due tomorrow and will see if they can postpone the hearing to a later date. Would appreciate if someone from your church can get back to me on how to get housing as I have kids who are counting on me tremendously. Thank you for your time and looking forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,