The process for rent from my church is too long

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Ptbull11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The process for rent from my church is too long

Post by Ptbull11 »

I am in serous need of help right now. I have been trying since around the 11th of April to find a way to get help paying my rent. I got laid off from work in the the beginning of this month and am now struggling. I just got a paper in my door on Friday evening that said on Monday they were turning my situation over to the courts for eviction. I have two young kids and cant afford to lose my apartment. Please if there is anyway to get some help. I have been in touch with some churches but they say that I have to wait for them to contact me and by that time I feel it will to late.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The process for rent from my church is too long

Post by Admin »

Yes, it takes time. But a church will never help you pay your entire back rent anyway, especially if you are jobless. It may be the time to look for shelter or more affordable housing, and National Church residence is one charity to try. They run sites around the country that are affordable and work with the person to handle other challenges they have. Read more on housing programs from National Church Residences.
Mixed Emotions

Post by Mixed Emotions »

I need info on how to get help paying my rent from other churches. I live in mobile home which I own and pay rent to the park where the mobile home resides. I have ran into dead ends with trying to get help to get caught up as the church I go too took so long. I have been denied by DHS and other local agencies either due to no money or help available or because I am over income guidelines.
I will be homeless with 2 kids if I don’t get some sort of help from somewhere and I will lose my mobile home because I wont be able to afford to move it if they evict me. I have never been behind in my rent this is the first time. I recently switched jobs and didn’t have any income for 3 weeks also have had other issues come up such has having to put money into my vehicle to get to work. Was recently in car accident as well which put even more of a damper on things. Please any help or assistance I can get without waiting too lunch for these churches would be greatly appreciated.
Adamslaw

Post by Adamslaw »

I am facing eviction. I need rent help from a church, but it is too long and hard. I have not ever asked in my life. I am facing financial hardship at the moment. I have called over 20 churches - have not got one call back or the process is too long. I feel like I’m running out of time to get help. I’ve called Clermont county, they will not help. I don’t know what else to do or call for help. My court date is 10/1/2021. I am behind 800 for rent. I am currently seeking employment at the moment but no one is hiring because of the time of year. Could you please call me back.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into the free stuff out there - namely in your case lawyers to help you during your court date as well as financial help? And since you are seeking employment there are also free job training and related programs. Find them all here at free stuff near you.
Adamslaw wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:05 am I don’t know what else to do or call for help. My court date is 10/1/2021. I am behind 800 for rent. I am currently seeking employment at the moment but no one is hiring because of the time of year. Could you please call me back.
SandraHawkins

Post by SandraHawkins »

Hi my name is Aviance and I am in need of rental assistance now from my church because my income has went down and days and hours have been cut with my current job. Due to this I am having trouble paying rent next month and seem the church is taking forever. I am receiving SSI, TANF, and SNAP and I live in a household with just myself and 2 children. Can you please contact me if you have any info or can be of some assistance. Thank You