What does the Florida Salvation Army help with

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Fiscal
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

What does the Florida Salvation Army help with

Post by Fiscal »

Currently on maternity leave and is in need of getting help on rent next month. I go back to work in April but not in time to get rent paid. Looking into what Salvation Army organizations in Florida can assist due to the fact that I'm not making an income right now but at the same time some organization probably wont assist me due to the fact that I do have a job.
Grandstrand

Re: What does the Florida Salvation Army help with

Post by Grandstrand »

Hello,
I live in the West Volusia county area, Florida and would like to know if there is
any kind of cash assistance programs locally. My zip code is 32725, and I'm
looking for direct cash programs, even from the local churches, Catholic charities, etc...
I would also consider the Orlando, Florida area.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, call around and ask them. Even if the Salvation Army offers cash to Volusia residents, they have an application process, income requirements, etc. Also, these places do not just pass out aid. They require applicants to take various, pro-active steps. Until then, find the Volusia County and Daytona Salvation Army programs as they will be in that zip code.
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

My water was cut off and I'm recently unemployed with 4 kids. Salvation Army in Miami Florida is stating it will take 2 weeks to call back. Catholic Charity states they can help with $75 but I believe there was a leak and the amount is 345.75. I don't mind going to different places to get aid but I'm tight on gas so hopefully they're close together.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The demand is high, and two weeks for a call back is probably common. Unfortunately no charity is required to help anyone - their resources are limited. They rely on donations. In fact, very few people get assistance. But learn more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _assi.html
JennyMay12 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 am My water was cut off and I'm recently unemployed with 4 kids. Salvation Army in Miami Florida is stating it will take 2 weeks to call back. Catholic Charity states they can help with $75 but I believe there was a leak and the amount is 345.75. I don't mind going to different places to get aid but I'm tight on gas so hopefully they're close together.