Need to get out of this church program and live on my own

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Withoutyou
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to get out of this church program and live on my own

Post by Withoutyou »

I had a couple questions. I recently got out of the military in June unfortunately I got a OTH discharge for a stupid mistake I made. At the time I was in my second enlistment and served 6 an a half years. After getting out I've a hard time adjusting and paying my bills due to a big income change. At the time I'm working two jobs and still having trouble supporting my self and am in danger of being homeless. I'm living at a Catholic Charity church program because I was in a huge depression stage and there helping get back on track.. They are providing me with a place to stay that I've been paying rent but am falling behind luckily there helping me and allowing me to stay. But I'm getting deeper an deeper in debt with the rent there. I pay as much as I can but it's not enough. I was wondering with a OTH if I would qualify for the housing assistance? Thank you for your time and am looking forward to hearing back from you.
Shelton
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need to get out of this church program and live on my ow

Post by Shelton »

I am on disability and I am trying to move out of the Iris Motel. I have the apartment to go look at today. But I need help getting my electric turned on because of a past due bill. I don't know what else I can do here. I have been live here for 18 months and it hasn't been pleasant. I will be moving as soon as I get the electric on.
I have never asked for help before I have always tried to do everything my self so this is very hard for me. If your church can help me I would be very grateful. I don't have furniture to even go into the apartment so I will be sleeping on the floor. I do have my 2 cats which keep me company. I have nerve damage and I am in a lot of pain through the day. I don't complain because I am grateful to even be alive. I moved here from Virginia and I don't have any family only my 18 year old daughter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need to get out of this church program and live on my ow

Post by Admin »

So the Iris Motel is run by a church? Is that what you mean? Anyway, we are not a church. We have information on them, as well as the shelters, financial aid, and other services they offer. As far as the furniture, there may be a thrift store available. But try a church for help, as they may offer the support you need.
Shelton wrote:I am on disability and I am trying to move out of the Iris Motel. I have the apartment to go look at today. But I need help getting my electric turned on because of a past due bill. I don't know what else I can do here. I have been live here for 18 months and it hasn't been pleasant. I will be moving as soon as I get the electric on.
I have never asked for help before I have always tried to do everything my self so this is very hard for me. If your church can help me I would be very grateful. I don't have furniture to even go into the apartment so I will be sleeping on the floor. I do have my 2 cats which keep me company. I have nerve damage and I am in a lot of pain through the day. I don't complain because I am grateful to even be alive. I moved here from Virginia and I don't have any family only my 18 year old daughter.
Damon

Re: Need to get out of this church program and live on my own

Post by Damon »

I'm looking for more assistance in Oklahoma to get my away from depending on a church I live in rural Oklahoma, Latimer County, so many programs or churches/charities I've researched don't provide assistance outside of Tulsa/OKC area.
I'm a single mother, and due to my child support hearing getting postponed multiple times, (since May - current hearing date is Nov. 30th), I've depleted all savings and resources I have and I'm behind on everything!
Any assistance to help me live independently, and get out of programs from churches, the help would be greatly appreciated!! If you need any other details or information, please let me know. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need to get out of this church program and live on my own

Post by Admin »

We have information on all counties and locations in OK, including for housing needs. It also covers OKC as well as Tulsa. Look here for help in Oklahoma.

Damon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:26 am I'm looking for more assistance in Oklahoma to get my away from depending on a church I live in rural Oklahoma, Latimer County, so many programs or churches/charities I've researched don't provide assistance outside of Tulsa/OKC area.