Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Sejkora
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Salvation Army in Massachusetts may be able to help

Post by Sejkora »

To whom it may concern,
I am a full time worker and single parent of a three year old. I am currently living with someone as a roommate but there is a constant issue, we both have one child and we are living in a one bedroom apartment with not enough space for the other to think or pass time alone. It has become a burden for the both of us. I am not on the lease and she has informed me that I have one month to get out (by the end of December) there is a small problem, I have not had the chance to save nearly enough to get my own apartment or save any money at all. Housing is expensive in Massachusetts. I was also informed that I will be losing my job in two weeks. I am in a scramble to find a new job before those two weeks are up and find a place to live. A neighbor had mentioned the Salvation Army could help for two years with rent and utilities. I would like to know if there is a possibility I can get some help, I am desperate, I do not want to be homeless with my child. Please help! If you have or need additional information, feel free to contact me. You can also email me at this email.

Thank you for your attention.
Wells

Re: Salvation Army in Massachusetts may be able to help

Post by Wells »

Hi,
I have been denied assistance from my local Salvation Army since April. In April our home burned down and we were
homeless. I finally found an apartment and need help with many things and I'm still being denied help. From April to
October I was paying a fortune to pay for a hotel to live in putting myself in horrible debt.
I'm behind on all my
bills and there will be no Christmas for my children. I am in North Andover, MA. I've called the head of your office in
Lawrence, MA and like I said I've been denied help since April.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Salvation Army is not obligated to help you or anyone else for that matter. While it may be harsh, it is reality. That being said they try to help as many qualified people as possible, if they have resources. So maybe the Salvation Army does not even have funding for you. But try another agency, and try to understand more what the Massachusetts Salvation Army can or can't do. Maybe even if they can't offer a voucher, maybe they know of more affordable hotels in MA for you.
Wells wrote:Hi,
I have been denied assistance from my local Salvation Army since April. In April our home burned down and we were
homeless. I finally found an apartment and need help with many things and I'm still being denied help. From April to
October I was paying a fortune to pay for a hotel to live in putting myself in horrible debt.
I'm behind on all my
bills and there will be no Christmas for my children. I am in North Andover, MA. I've called the head of your office in
Lawrence, MA and like I said I've been denied help since April.
Mandarin

Post by Mandarin »

Hi, good afternoon. I hope all is well. I am just wondering If you could help me get in touch with Salvation Army here in Salem, Massachusetts. We're on Housing Assistance Program right now and barely making enough to pay the bills and would love for my son to have something for Christmas. Thank you so very much in advance and I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are other charities and holiday programs in Essex County MAS - not just the Salvation Army. Food pantries, financial help, Adopt a Family and many others are out there. Look here for financial help in Essex County MA.
Mandarin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:20 pm Hi, good afternoon. I hope all is well. I am just wondering If you could help me get in touch with Salvation Army here in Salem, Massachusetts.