Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Trader
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Catholic Charity permanent housing

Post by Trader »

Dear Catholic Charities,

We were homeless for a while, early September we moved into transitional housing and we really need some assistance today please. I have been looking for a job and I should be starting work this week, however, I owe $1700 on a rent or quit notice that was served to me and my family on Friday and we do not have the money. This will help us move into permanent housing too.

But I should hear from Exact Staffing, or Select Staffing today regarding a position or one of the companies that I have had a second interview with at this time. Please we don't have the money, we are sleeping on the floor, we can not get to our storage in Victorville to get clothing and stuff for work. We have been begging every one that we can find and they won't even return the emails or call's.
We have no help and we need some assistance emergency, today please.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Catholic Charity permanent housing

Post by Admin »

If you are in transitional housing, how can you owe $1700? Also, it also sounds like you are waiting on a job offer from the Staffing company. So you really don't have one. Anyway, maybe Catholic Charities can help. Maybe not. They too have limited resources. But you can try them, and find Catholic Charity churches.
Iamindeb

Post by Iamindeb »

My family is in immediate need of emergency rental assistance for our permanent housing. We received an eviction notice and have until Monday the 28th to come up with $475.00. We have received help from our local Catholic Outreach in the past and they only help once.
My husband had surgery last month, (December), which left us both out of work as I had to help him with his recovery as well as take care of our 2 year old son. We have both recently returned to work but business is just so slow we are barely bringing a paycheck home.
Also, we have received a section 8 housing voucher, but the landlord of the place needs $750.00 for the deposit for us to be able to move in, then our rent will be $280.00 a month, we are paying $550.00 a month where we are at now and got behind the $475.00 due to my husband’s surgery. If there is any way Catholic Charity can help us or know of any resources that can, please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a Catholic Charities in Santa Clara County. While they may not help with the deposit, they may offer other solutions. There are shelters, case management services, and other social services available. Even if they do not have funds for your housing, they may know who does. So try the Santa Clara California Catholic Charities.
Trichet

Post by Trichet »

My daughter and I relocated to Richmond, VA on Sept. 5, 2017 in the hopes of employment and a new start unfortunately for us the management falsified info after arriving the job was nonexistent. We ended up working and living in this hotel until 12/4/2017. We are homeless here in this beautiful city, I have contacted an agency to assist legal issues and Catholic charities for a permanent home. We are on the street tonight and have to travel to Catholic charities daily. Please help.
Gomez

Post by Gomez »

Good afternoon, I'm reaching out for some assistance with paying my storage bill so I can keep my things for permanent housing. I went to HRA however they keep closing my case. I called homebased a Catholic charity and they said I need a job for future payments do they can't help. I lost my job in March and I'm looking for another now. Myself and my family has lost our belongings already in storage. I'm looking for some help, please assist if you can. I appreciate anything.
MarcoR

Post by MarcoR »

I've been working with social services and they advised they only do hotel placement if you have a medical disability or disorder. And they also said they don't supply hotel vouchers or permanent housing.
I am, as we are speaking, talking to someone at Catholic Charities for permanent housing, as they reached out today in response to an email I sent weeks back.
They did inform me they did hotel vouchers and temporary hotel placements in the past but due to people taking advantage of the system and not using the time to better there situation, they could no longer take on that financial burden. But luckily because we are reaching out to as many resources as we can and have started the application process for SNAP and general assistance with Social Services, at this moment they can help pay for the hotel expenses for 1 week.
This is a huge relief as we've been living day by day, which is hard enough, and this will help our stress of having to constantly worry about what tomorrow's housing situation will be, and we can focus on other things, like job searching and completing necessary documents to receive aid, but then what happens after that week?? That's what worries me.
Please provide some guidance on permanent housing from Catholic Charities.