My heat will be disconnected and Salvation Army can't help

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Norisez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My heat will be disconnected and Salvation Army can't help

Post by Norisez »

I am a disabled mom to three girls. They are 3 to 22. My 17 year old was sick and is now pregnant and due in a few months. I receive social security, but am behind on my heating bills. I also have been trying to get baby things and school supplies and clothes for my girls. If I do not have $303 paid to my utility company in Virginia on Thursday my heat will be shut off. I will lose the food in my fridge and freezer that I cant afford to lose. I wont be able to cook for my girls and they will not be able to shower or anything. Everything in my home is electric. Please help. I have called Salvation army and OACAC and was told they was out of funds. I even called churches to help and no one can. I don’t have any one else that can help and don’t know where else to turn.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My heat will be disconnected and Salvation Army can't he

Post by Admin »

There are various Salvation Army centers in Virginia to try. Yes, they do have limited funds. But the other items, such as food or baby supplies, may be offered at one of their thrift stores. Maybe they can help you apply for HEAP as well, which is a program that may help with heating bills. But $303 is a lot to ask for, buy you can try them. Click more details.
LaurenD

Re: My heat will be disconnected and Salvation Army can't help

Post by LaurenD »

If you have any blessing left in the Salvation Army. Can you please give immediate heating assistance to us. My 3 year old has Leukemia (ALL) and my 16 year old has asthma and had heart surgery. Any assistance you can offer would be wonderful.
Thank you so much for all of your assistance and prompt attention to this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My heat will be disconnected and Salvation Army can't help

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the heart condition and Leukemia. Ask the people treating them for help...they often have charity aid. As far as the other heating bill help, find Salvation Army Coneecticut heating assistance programs and other resources for struggling moms.
LaurenD wrote:If you have any blessing left in the Salvation Army. Can you please give immediate heating assistance to us. My 3 year old has Leukemia (ALL) and my 16 year old has asthma and had heart surgery. Any assistance you can offer would be wonderful.
Thank you so much for all of your assistance and prompt attention to this matter.