How do I get help from Catholic Charities

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Mushy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

How do I get help from Catholic Charities

Post by Mushy »

Hello, I have a daughter who has 3 small children. A week ago their electricity got turned off and not a single person will help them. She just lost her job and her husband is working part time ... they are a low income family and really struggling to make ends meet. She has tried getting help from DSS in Nevada and Catholic Charities but they say they cannot help her. The Las Vegas Catholic Charities seems to have only one location to. Is that right? She is very stressed out over this especially with 2 little kids and no place to turn to for help. Please if there is anything you can advise for me to tell her or any way you can help them it would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. Desperate Mother trying to help Family.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I get help from Catholic Charities

Post by Admin »

Well, Catholic Charities will help people of all religions, so that should not be a factor. We know the demands for assistance in Las Vegas is very high and they do have very limited funding. So just call, see if you qualify, and see if they have funding. There are actually several locations in Clark County Nevada, so that statement is not accurate. Even if they can't assist, Catholic Charities will often have referrals to other resources too. Find more details on their programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ities.html
Cuban1

Post by Cuban1 »

I was born and raised Catholic and never did I think that I would ever need Catholic charities. My fiance has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, no lung function, diabetes. He will never be able to work again. His family help us 2 months ago.
Our power will be cut off on July 10th, water any day. He has applied for disability and sold be getting a check soon. My power and water are past due. Both in my name. Thank you. Have a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You need to apply to Catholic Charities. Maybe they can provide short term help for the power bills you have if you will really be getting a disability check for your husband. Or maybe they will offer you a loan too. In any case, if he has heart failure and will never be able to walk again, you need long term case management support from them. Read more Catholic Charities services.
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

RENT IS DUE, AND I HAVE EVICTION NOTICE. ELECTRIC IS PAST DUE, I NEED GAS AS THATS HOW I HEAT MY HOME. I'VE TRIED SOCIAL SERVICES IN GEORGETOWN, THEY COULD NOT HELP ME, SO I WENT TO 1ST STATE COMMUNITY ACTION, BUT THEY HAVE NO FUNDS RIGHT NOW. I CALLED CATHOLIC CHARITIES, THEY SAID THAT THEY COULD NOT HELP ME MUCH, MAYBE WITH VERY LOW FUNDING, BUT WANTED TO HELP ME WITH A BUDGET PLAN, THATS NOT GOING TO HELP IF I'M ALREADY BEHIND.
THE SALVATION ARMY, DIDN'T SAY YES OR NO, BUT WANT TO GO OVER MY CHECK BOOK (AND I WILL GET THAT INFORMATION TOGETHER), AND THE LIST GOES ON WITH DOORS BEING CLOSED IN MY FACE. I'VE EVER NEEDED HELP BEFORE, AND WHEN I ASK FOR HELP, I GET NOTHING. I DON'T INTEND FOR THIS TO BE ONGOING, JUST TO GET CAUGHT UP AND HAVE A PIECE OF MIND!
Atlanta

Post by Atlanta »

Hello Catholic Charities,
I am looking for information regarding a senior caretaker.
My sister-in-law is 88 and a former nun. We would like someone to live with her 24 x 7 and wondered if you perhaps could help us. She does not need help paying her bills. I thought you might know someone in the area of Valley Center that might be able to live with her (for a salary of course) and attend to her daily needs.
She fell and fractured her hip and is in a rehab center doing therapy right now.
We would like someone who is Catholic and bonded.
Can you please assist us?
DunkinStarbucks

Post by DunkinStarbucks »

Good afternoon,
I am a single mother of one child living in Silver Spring.
I recently rent into unexpected expenses and I am having a hard time paying rent this month.
I hope that Catholic Charities could possibly help me.
Please feel free to email or call me.
I truly appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While not common, there may be some financial help from the Kansas City Catholic Charities. But the churches rarely have funding and rather focus on addressing other needs. But try them for information.
DunkinStarbucks wrote:Good afternoon,
I hope that Catholic Charities could possibly help me.
Please feel free to email or call me.
I truly appreciate your help.
Thank you.