Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Helen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for single parents from Salvation Army

Post by Helen »

To Whom It May Concern,
I am 23 years old, a full time student, working part-time, and recently found out I am pregnant. My parents are divorcing and recently told me I would have to find my own place to live. One major issue that concerns me about my eligibility for assistance is the fact that my parents claimed me on last year's tax return. I'm afraid that will greatly affect my eligibility even though I do not receive any financial assistance from them. I would like to receive some information about possible programs to help with rent assistance given my circumstances. I heard the Salvation Army may have places in these cases like mine. I live in Connecticut. Thank you for your time.
Marjory

Re: Housing for single parents from Salvation Army

Post by Marjory »

My significant other is disabled and I have been looking for work for a long time. We've been struggling to pay rent and have paid late for the last few months and incurred $100 late fees. We couldn't receive rent help at the Salvation Army and we're worried we won't be able to pay it all-we haven't paid for November yet. Is there any rental assistance offered to disabled persons that are parents? Thank you so much!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, the Salvation Army is one charity to try. But there are many others that may also help with rental expenses. Especially if your significant other is disabled there are generally more resources for someone with a disability. But they don't usually help with late fees for your housing. However, find a listing of Salvation Army housing assistance programs.
Krista

Post by Krista »

My name is Janna, I am currently in desperate need of rent or housing assistance from the Salvation Army or another charity. A few couple years ago my boyfriend & I made a huge mistake of moving into a rental home with, at the time who we thought was a really good friend, who we we’re sharing the cost of the rent and utilities. He failed to tell us at the time that he was backed up months behind on rent and utilities and eventually left, leaving us with a huge debt and we are all single parents. We’ve tried to reason with our landlord but to no avail. Although we’ve tried our best to stay afloat for as long as we could possible we just cannot catch up on the rent and are on the brink of eviction without housing help from the Salvation Army.
While my boyfriend is currently working, I am not. I was laid off a few weeks ago & it has become even more difficult for us to catch up. My boyfriend’s mom has moved in with us a few months back and is on a fixed income and unable to help us due to her own situation. We were offered help from Catholic Charities as well as my boyfriends’ sister and brother-in-law by moving in with us (who are also single parents), but it won’t be until July when their lease is up at their current apartment. We are resorting to selling the only vehicle we have in order to pay the rent, but have yet to find a buyer. We are currently $2100 (April & May) behind on rent and borrowing money from family & friends is just not an option, so we are pleading for housing assistance from the Salvation Army, from the bottom of our hearts, please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you living in Alabama? If so, they may have Salvation Army homeless shelter for you and your boyfriend. That can stabilize you. Then move somewhere else. Find Salvation Army housing resources in Alabama.
Krista wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 am My name is Janna, I am currently in desperate need of rent or housing assistance from the Salvation Army or another charity. A few couple years ago my boyfriend & I made a huge mistake of moving into a rental home with, at the time who we thought was a really good friend, who we we’re sharing the cost of the rent and utilities.