Money for energy bills from Salvation Army programs

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Tommy10As
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Money for energy bills from Salvation Army programs

Post by Tommy10As »

Good morning,
I am writing this email hoping for some additional options and help paying my Consumers energy bill. I was denied by DHS for help. I have tried for 2 days getting help through the Salvation Army, but I wasn't able to get through on either day. Phone line was busy the entire time. I live in Flint, Michigan and currently have a shut-off notice for consumers energy. I have 5 people in the home including myself. I make $33,000 a year. I have been behind on my bill because I've been caring for my husband who has severe Chron's Disease. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Money for energy bills from Salvation Army programs

Post by Admin »

Did you try stopping by the Salvation Army center in Flint Michigan? It is always better to do that to show your serious, are working towards self-sufficiency, etc. They have zero obligation to give you or anyone funds (even if they have them) for paying utility bills, so by meeting program conditions, showing you paid your Consumer Energy bills on time in the past, and are responsible, all of that will improve your changes of getting help. Anyway, locate the Michigan Salvation Army centers and assistance programs. Click here
Kingger

Post by Kingger »

Hi
I have tried 4 times each Monday as requested. I am sad to say this is one of the most difficult numbers to get any assistance. The reason is the number is always busy from 8:30am - 10:30am.
The other agencies have a more approachable and manageable process. I am in dire need of rental assistance for the month of December. I live in the zip code of 30350.
Pharoh

Post by Pharoh »

Good afternoon, I am trying to find out where I can apply for utility assistance through the Salvation Army. I live in Homewood, IL and according to the page, the location for me to apply is at Bloom Township Center in Chicago Heights, IL. However, when I contacted them to find out what was needed to apply, I was told that they have not received passwords to get into the system, so they could not assist me with energy bills. Since this intake site is down right now according to them, is there any other location I can go to apply to for money for my energy bills instead that will take me out of the area they generally service? Please let me know about the Salvation Army energy bill programs. Thank you so much. Have a great day!
ShannonW

Post by ShannonW »

Good afternoon,
I pray all is well with you. I was given this name and number of the Salvation Army to contact about utility bill assistance. I have called this number on March 15 to apply for money for energy costs, was told to call back on Mondays after 8:30. I called back Monday, no answer; Monday, March 18, no answer, I left a message and my number to return call; Monday, March 25, no answer, I left another message and number. I am just wondering am I calling the correct number, if not can you please reply with the info that I need to contact someone from the Salvation Army for their energy programs. I am disabled and in need of some assistance if possible.