Churches and Salvation Army won't help a senior

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Roker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Churches and Salvation Army won't help a senior

Post by Roker »

I have a mother -in - law that is 62 years old. She just received a three day notice to pay or quit. We tried the Salvation Army and they refuse. She has worked for 16 years at Big lots in Ohio. She was forced into early retirement. She is on unemployment but right it is on hold she has applied for SSI. No response and it has been 2 years. Please if you can help please I have called all churches and I have please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Churches and Salvation Army won't help a senior

Post by Admin »

Churches often do try to help with various bills, but it is not their focus. They usually have very limited funding available. But did they refer you to another charity for your mom? Volutneers often provide that service if they can't offer direct financial aid. Anyway, find the various programs from churches that can offer help for rent or utilities or other needs.
Marybeth

Post by Marybeth »

I have attempted to contact Salvation Army on several occasions.I also tried a church in my town. I do realize there is a big need for assistance now days.
My question is why it is when you call the number sometimes you get a busy signal and other times you get the voice recording stating the purpose of the phone number and when to call. But still never being able to talk with someone about assistance that is badly needed.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Well the demand is very high and charities, such as the Champaign Salvation Army have limited resources. they rely on donations, volunteers, and others to keep them operating. So they can't always pick up the phone, or they can't always give help.
Marybeth wrote:I have attempted to contact Salvation Army on several occasions.I also tried a church in my town. I do realize there is a big need for assistance now days.
My question is why it is when you call the number sometimes you get a busy signal and other times you get the voice recording stating the purpose of the phone number and when to call. But still never being able to talk with someone about assistance that is badly needed.