In desparate need of a car motor.

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
charlotte
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

In desparate need of a car motor.

Post by charlotte »

I have fibromaylgia and lupus. I am on full disability, which means NO extra money! I live in Salt Lake City Utah. I am not able to walk for long distance. I have a short distance allotment. Our car which is a 1999 Ford Contour with 120,000 miles on it. The motor blew, and we have no extra money to put on a new or different motor. We do have mechanic friends who are more then willing to put the new motor in for us. My partner is waiting on her disablity, she has degenerated disk disease. Is there any way that u could help us with a motor? Can be contacted at 801-485-1659 (home).
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: In desparate need of a car motor.

Post by Admin »

We can't help you with a motor. that is not what we do. We can provide you phone numbers and addresses of people to call who may be able to help. Find a listing of state and local assistance programs in Utah. Top section of the page is more statewide resources, and towards the middle section is links for Salt Lake Utah. Find phone numbers, addresses, etc. of health care, charities to call (maybe they can help with motors) and other organizations.
charlotte wrote:I have fibromaylgia and lupus. I am on full disability, which means NO extra money! I live in Salt Lake City Utah. I am not able to walk for long distance. I have a short distance allotment. Our car which is a 1999 Ford Contour with 120,000 miles on it. The motor blew, and we have no extra money to put on a new or different motor. We do have mechanic friends who are more then willing to put the new motor in for us. My partner is waiting on her disablity, she has degenerated disk disease. Is there any way that u could help us with a motor? Can be contacted at 801-485-1659 (home).
KhrisDavis

Post by KhrisDavis »

I am recently separated from my husband. I have gone 7 years of our marriage with physical and emotional abuse. I am in desperate need of financial support for my car and a new motor. I have been working hard to keep a job but with losing my place to live (rented with my father in law) and have no vehicle with a motor and zero dollars to my name. It has been difficult. I have a car but the transmission is toast. If there is any help around Utah from a charity or church please let me know.  
Thank you in advance.
LinaGagne

Post by LinaGagne »

Good morning,  Recently our car motor died. The shop has suggested replacing the entire engine with a rebuilt motor because of the stuff they found wrong.  Unfortunately, we do not have $6,000 to put towards a new engine on a car we still owe $10,000 on. We do not have a lot of money coming in to pay for a new car motor. Mostly we rely on my husband's social security.
I work when I am able during the school year as a substitute in the cafeterias at the schools but that it not always possible. I have 2 boys 13 and 14. One has autism, ADHD-C, executive function deficit disorder, multiple learning disorders, high anxiety and a long list of other things. The other has many health issues that we are still testing and learning about including a tortuous colon that is looped around his liver, anxiety, digestive issues, possible tissue connectivity disorder, ankle issues, stomach pains caused by intestinal issues, scoliosis, the list goes on and continues to grow as we continue testing.
Our other kids are all in their 20s. The 2 boys have had a lot of medical issues and a lot of dry visits and we are behind on almost all their medical bills. My 13 years old is currently in physical therapy for his ankles and feet issues and they are trying to help with scoliosis exercises as well. My husband has dry visits he has not been able to get to because of our car breaking down He had to cancel his appointment with his surgeon to discuss replacing the battery in a piece of apparatus inside his skin that helps him with his back pain. He was supposed to have an appointment on Monday as well with his pain dry for his prescription refills, but we may have to cancel that too. I don’t know if you can help us at all with a new car motor, but someone had suggested checking your website out and trying so I am. Thank you,
Jennifer
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we have no idea if they will pay for a car motor, there are some grant programs out there. Read here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rants.html
But replacing the entire motor for $6,000 seems like a HORRIBLE idea. Get a new car! Why would anyone spend 6K for a motor, which may or may not work, when your car is probably not even worth that much money. You also need to take some financial literacy courses to learn about how and where to spend your money, as that is a horrible idea for a car motor.
LinaGagne wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:57 am Good morning,  Recently our car motor died. The shop has suggested replacing the entire engine with a rebuilt motor because of the stuff they found wrong.  Unfortunately, we do not have $6,000 to put towards a new engine on a car we still owe $10,000 on. We do not have a lot of money coming in to pay for a new car motor. Mostly we rely on my husband's social security.
I work when I am able during the school year as a substitute in the cafeterias at the schools but that it not always possible. I have 2 boys 13 and 14. One has autism, ADHD-C, executive function deficit disorder, multiple learning disorders, high anxiety and a long list of other things. The other has many health issues that we are still testing and learning about including a tortuous colon that is looped around his liver, anxiety, digestive issues, possible tissue connectivity disorder, ankle issues, stomach pains caused by intestinal issues, scoliosis, the list goes on and continues to grow as we continue testing.
Our other kids are all in their 20s. The 2 boys have had a lot of medical issues and a lot of dry visits and we are behind on almost all their medical bills. My 13 years old is currently in physical therapy for his ankles and feet issues and they are trying to help with scoliosis exercises as well. My husband has dry visits he has not been able to get to because of our car breaking down He had to cancel his appointment with his surgeon to discuss replacing the battery in a piece of apparatus inside his skin that helps him with his back pain. He was supposed to have an appointment on Monday as well with his pain dry for his prescription refills, but we may have to cancel that too. I don’t know if you can help us at all with a new car motor, but someone had suggested checking your website out and trying so I am. Thank you,
Jennifer