Assistance to Repair Car

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
domino1003
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance to Repair Car

Post by domino1003 »

I am in desperate need. I live in Marshall, Texas but work in Longview, Texas, working 1 day a week doing childcare. Although I love my job and what I do, it doesn't give me many hours (I work 5-6hrs a WEEK). I live with my sister, who doesn't drive and that I have to take to and pick up from work. We are struggling to exist on our income.

I have a used 2004 Ford Taurus that needs a LOT of work. The hood doesn't close all the way (Some work under the hood needs to be done before that can happen), the radiator has a leak (Which I temporarily fixed to avoid another overheating episode) and the latest problem has to do with difficult steering (It's incredibly hard to turn the steering wheel). I know there's multilple problems wrong with the car, but absolutely impossible to do anything without money. To top it off, I have to complete a requirement with Texas Workforce to do active job searchs. This makes the wear and tear on the car even worse. It was bad enough that I sat in the TWC office and cried in front of my case worker.

I need help. I can't lose my car. I have no other family support that can help me. I feel so down and so low right now that I just don't know what to do. If someone is out there that can really REALLY help me, I know the weight would fall from my shoulders.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance to Repair Car

Post by Admin »

It looks like the leading palce to call in Marshall Texas may be the Tri-County Community Action Inc., and they can be called at (903) 934-9892. Car repair help is not very common, but check with them and see what they say. Maybe they have some other ideas. Find more information on Harrison County Texas assistance.
We also have some information on some free car programs, repairs, and other transportation assistance. Find automobile repairs and car information using that resource, and places like 800 charity cars.
domino1003 wrote:I am in desperate need. I live in Marshall, Texas but work in Longview, Texas, working 1 day a week doing childcare. Although I love my job and what I do, it doesn't give me many hours (I work 5-6hrs a WEEK). I live with my sister, who doesn't drive and that I have to take to and pick up from work. We are struggling to exist on our income.

I have a used 2004 Ford Taurus that needs a LOT of work. The hood doesn't close all the way (Some work under the hood needs to be done before that can happen), the radiator has a leak (Which I temporarily fixed to avoid another overheating episode) and the latest problem has to do with difficult steering (It's incredibly hard to turn the steering wheel). I know there's multilple problems wrong with the car, but absolutely impossible to do anything without money. To top it off, I have to complete a requirement with Texas Workforce to do active job searchs. This makes the wear and tear on the car even worse. It was bad enough that I sat in the TWC office and cried in front of my case worker.

I need help. I can't lose my car. I have no other family support that can help me. I feel so down and so low right now that I just don't know what to do. If someone is out there that can really REALLY help me, I know the weight would fall from my shoulders.
domino1003

Post by domino1003 »

Thanks for the info. Looks like they're just open Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I left a message. Will let you know how things pan out. Again, thanks a lot.
domino1003

Post by domino1003 »

Apparently they cannot help me. And my car has died on me. I was heading to work about 2 weeks ago when the car died. Because my car is not working, I CAN'T WORK at all. I have no one that can give me a ride to Longview a few times a week. I don't know what else I can do. I spent the last of what money I had to get the car towed (I live in Marshall, but the car died on my way to work in Longview). I'm just feeling beyond depressed right now and I just don't know who else to turn to.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

As we mentioned assistance for car repairs are very uncommon. Some general charities can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... bills.html
Also really explore the main site of needhelppayingbills. Try your local church, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, and similar charities too.
domino1003 wrote:Apparently they cannot help me. And my car has died on me. I was heading to work about 2 weeks ago when the car died. Because my car is not working, I CAN'T WORK at all. I have no one that can give me a ride to Longview a few times a week. I don't know what else I can do. I spent the last of what money I had to get the car towed (I live in Marshall, but the car died on my way to work in Longview). I'm just feeling beyond depressed right now and I just don't know who else to turn to.