Assistance from community action agency

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Rachdewer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance from community action agency

Post by Rachdewer »

I have been in contact with community action in reference to getting Rental assistance as well as help with GRU. This was my first month there and I had been severely financially strapped even before that. I was in the hospital for almost 4 years and had 10 surgeries between 2007 and 2010. I was not supposed to make it out alive....But I did!! :). I came out to another battle and I am still fighting. I lost everything when I was sick including my house as I could not work. As soon as I could work, I did, but my house was already in foreclosure and I had to get a rental as to not be on the street. I am a single mom with no family, this was virtually impossible to do, but somehow I did it. During the time I was in the hospital, my ex (who is self employed) applied for food stamps and child support stating I did not have the kids 50% of the time as are original agreement stated, I had never filed against him. As I came out of a medical nightmare into a financial one, the State started aggressively seeking payment. Since I was not making income at the time and even when income did start, I could not afford to get my girls back 50% of the time and survive with my son. The state garnished my wages. I was working in Miami and living in Orland Florida to get my girls back with me but I could not sustain the 560 a month and gas AND the 380 a month in child support, the State also said since I did not have them that extra time (even though I was in the hospital) they would not back down on child support, so I had to move to Miami Florida. Now I am in dire straights trying to get everything back in line and am failing. Please help me as I will not have the GRU bill if I pay rent and I will not have the rent if I pay GRU. I am already being threatened to have my car taken as well because I did not make payments on that to pay security deposits and rent to get in this place as I have already been homeless once and do not want to ever be there again with my son. I really don't know where else to turn.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance from community action agency

Post by Admin »

Calling your local community action agency is always a smart move. They continue to be one of the best places to call for assistance, no matter what state or county you live in. They try to provide short term assistance for paying bills, debts, rent, mortgages and grant programs, and at the same time offer longer term call it self-sufficiency counseling. We have most agencies listed here at community action agencies, so find your county from the list and call around for advice. Most locations are funded by federal government dollars.
Rachdewer wrote:I have been in contact with community action in reference to getting Rental assistance as well as help with GRU. This was my first month there and I had been severely financially strapped even before that. I was in the hospital for almost 4 years and had 10 surgeries between 2007 and 2010. I was not supposed to make it out alive....But I did!! :). I came out to another battle and I am still fighting. I lost everything when I was sick including my house as I could not work. As soon as I could work, I did, but my house was already in foreclosure and I had to get a rental as to not be on the street. I am a single mom with no family, this was virtually impossible to do, but somehow I did it. During the time I was in the hospital, my ex (who is self employed) applied for food stamps and child support stating I did not have the kids 50% of the time as are original agreement stated, I had never filed against him. As I came out of a medical nightmare into a financial one, the State started aggressively seeking payment. Since I was not making income at the time and even when income did start, I could not afford to get my girls back 50% of the time and survive with my son. The state garnished my wages. I was working in Miami and living in Orland Florida to get my girls back with me but I could not sustain the 560 a month and gas AND the 380 a month in child support, the State also said since I did not have them that extra time (even though I was in the hospital) they would not back down on child support, so I had to move to Miami Florida. Now I am in dire straights trying to get everything back in line and am failing. Please help me as I will not have the GRU bill if I pay rent and I will not have the rent if I pay GRU. I am already being threatened to have my car taken as well because I did not make payments on that to pay security deposits and rent to get in this place as I have already been homeless once and do not want to ever be there again with my son. I really don't know where else to turn.
Mesoth

Post by Mesoth »

Hi, I live in Woodriver, IL..62095 i am disabled due to physical injury. I live in a house that I rent. Usually my social security and disability is close to enough to get the main bills paid. My mother helps me make ends meet sometimes. I have been looking for a part-time job that i can handle for a while. Anyway, this winter has left me with a very high past due bill for Ameren that I don't know how i'm gonna pay. I don't know whom I should be writing, but someone mentioned a community action agency. i think that I'm out of options. Well. please contact me if you can help me. This hopefully would be a one time thing. I have some good job leads. Thank you Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Yes, call your local community action agency in Woodriver. Sometimes they have some cash, but more than likely they will help you apply for various energy assistance programs, such as LIHEAP or programs offered by Ameren. then you an pay off your old heating bills and in effect get a fresh start, which is all so important. Community action agencies offer a number of free services to those who need help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/com ... gency.html
Mesoth wrote:Hi, I live in Woodriver, IL..62095 i am disabled due to physical injury. I live in a house that I rent. Usually my social security and disability is close to enough to get the main bills paid. My mother helps me make ends meet sometimes. I have been looking for a part-time job that i can handle for a while. Anyway, this winter has left me with a very high past due bill for Ameren that I don't know how i'm gonna pay. I don't know whom I should be writing, but someone mentioned a community action agency. i think that I'm out of options. Well. please contact me if you can help me. This hopefully would be a one time thing. I have some good job leads. Thank you Sincerely