Need Knee walker

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Benna
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Knee walker

Post by Benna »

I am 44 years old and was diagnosed with gout last year. Even with taking a daily preventive prescription, I am having flareups. My doctor has prescribed a knee walker. I am also disabled and medicare will not cover the cost for one. I have a 5 yr old daughter and my husband has epilepsy with breakthrough seizures, so I am the main caregiver in our family and I need to be as mobile as possible. I have called numerous churches and numbers that my local DHS has given me but am unable to find support. Since October of last year, I have had 9 flareups with each one lasting 3 - 7 days. I have had someone offer me a wheelchair but it is would not be really helpful because I need to be able to do household chores and take care of my family and also because I don't want to be confined to a wheelchair and become dependent upon it. If anyone can offer assistance numbers or just advice, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Knee walker

Post by Admin »

Some basically it is medical equipment/device that you need. I would classify the walker under that. Did the local DHS recommend anyone else besides a church? Like some type of government assistance programs, even like Medicare or Medicaid? If not, then maybe call a clinic in your area. Find a listing of free community clinics and other medical programs. Scroll down the page and select your state from the list, which is midway down the page. Call the clinics and ask if they can provide the walker, or if not, then maybe they know who you can call.
Benna wrote:I am 44 years old and was diagnosed with gout last year. Even with taking a daily preventive prescription, I am having flareups. My doctor has prescribed a knee walker. I am also disabled and medicare will not cover the cost for one. I have a 5 yr old daughter and my husband has epilepsy with breakthrough seizures, so I am the main caregiver in our family and I need to be as mobile as possible. I have called numerous churches and numbers that my local DHS has given me but am unable to find support. Since October of last year, I have had 9 flareups with each one lasting 3 - 7 days. I have had someone offer me a wheelchair but it is would not be really helpful because I need to be able to do household chores and take care of my family and also because I don't want to be confined to a wheelchair and become dependent upon it. If anyone can offer assistance numbers or just advice, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.