Diar need of financial assistance *28* 3 year old son-stroke

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
bizneak83
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Diar need of financial assistance *28* 3 year old son-stroke

Post by bizneak83 »

Hello, I have never visited a website like this, and am not really sure what, if any assistance I will be able to find through this forum. I know millions of people struggle, and I am among them for sure. Back story: I am a 28 year old mother of a beautiful 3 year old autistic (highly functioning) son. I have some weird genetic blood clotting disorder which causes my blood to clot at any time. Since the age of 25, I have suffered from 3 major strokes, 2 pulmonary embolisms (clots in lungs) I have filters inserted in the lungs to catch the clots, but they still have occured and recently found out I have a hole in the atrium of my heart. I know millions of people suffer from horrible ailments, and in fact, I believe myself to be extremely lucky to be alive, as I have been told I wouldn't have made it to my last birthday... My mom however wasn't so lucky and passed away when I was 18 from the same clotting disorder I have, only then it was undetected. I have never used drugs and couldn't even have a glass of wine if I wanted to, (and believe me sometimes I want to! ) to the high doses of blood thinners I take, and my financial situation has nothing to do with any vice or poor choices, other than not finding the right help and knowing the right resources. Tears stream down my face as I write this because I have never been so destitue. I have the most beautiful 3 year old son and we are truly poverty stricken. I'm sure many people are that are on this site, but I just don't know where to go or what to do. I find myself unable to buy diapers, buy the toiletries that we need, gasoline to get anywhere... I feel like the world is crashing on my chest and don't know where to turn. I have a 2004 Ford Taurus given to me by my father years ago that I know at any time is going to give up on me... I have a 2 year old son, one of the windows in the back seat doesn't roll down, and that by no means is an emergency, but what is, is that I live in Texas and of course right as the 110 degree's approach us, my air conditioning runs out and it is hot, and he sits back there, he doesn't deserve any of this. I am always at the doctors making sure my blood is thin enough to not stroke but not too thin that if I cut myself or a dog jumps on me that I bleed to death. The list could go on an on and on. Honestly, I feel like I am blessed. I have survived and sadly many people who have suffered from strokes have not... I just don't know where to ask and who to go to. I just need something, anything. We are truly in great need and I know that I am a wonderful person, friend and mother, people can empathize, but it's not like I can put "Hey everyone, someone please help me, I have nothing" on my Facebook status, ya know? I have often been the friend or the one family member people go to, not just for financial help, but advice support, and I've loved being the one people can count on... Now I just feel so alone, and I don't know what to do. I have beaten so many odds... First I wasn't supposed to live until my 21st birthday, my 28th birthday and so on... Here I am two weeks after I am turned 28 and yes, knock on wood everyone, I am doing alright, but I am suffering in a completley different way and I just need someone to help me....scratch that, would love for someone who is at a point in there life where they were able to help me in any way. I almost feel like erasing this whole thing because it is so embarrasing, and it felt good to get out, but who knows. I may make a friend or get some advice that could help me financially or in some other way.

Elizabeth Baker

Grand Prairie, TX

nenebutt28@yahoo.com (If you wondering that's my nickname.... yay me! =) )
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Diar need of financial assistance *28* 3 year old son-st

Post by Admin »

That is an amazing story Elizabeth. Keep fighting. As far as ways to get help for air conditioner, diapers, cars, and other assistance, I strongly suggest going to the main web site of http://needhelppayingbills.com and explore all of the programs. The best way to do that is use the navigation bar on the left margin. For example, go under state and local programs and all states are listed, and find agencies throughout Texas, there is a link for food banks by state, section 8 housing by state, charities, and much more. It sounds like your needs are great and extensive.
Also this resource is for general Texas assistance programs. I know Grand Prairie covers multiple counties, so use that link, scroll down, and select your county.
bizneak83 wrote:Hello, I have never visited a website like this, and am not really sure what, if any assistance I will be able to find through this forum. I know millions of people struggle, and I am among them for sure. Back story: I am a 28 year old mother of a beautiful 3 year old autistic (highly functioning) son. I have some weird genetic blood clotting disorder which causes my blood to clot at any time. Since the age of 25, I have suffered from 3 major strokes, 2 pulmonary embolisms (clots in lungs) I have filters inserted in the lungs to catch the clots, but they still have occured and recently found out I have a hole in the atrium of my heart. I know millions of people suffer from horrible ailments, and in fact, I believe myself to be extremely lucky to be alive, as I have been told I wouldn't have made it to my last birthday... My mom however wasn't so lucky and passed away when I was 18 from the same clotting disorder I have, only then it was undetected. I have never used drugs and couldn't even have a glass of wine if I wanted to, (and believe me sometimes I want to! ) to the high doses of blood thinners I take, and my financial situation has nothing to do with any vice or poor choices, other than not finding the right help and knowing the right resources. Tears stream down my face as I write this because I have never been so destitue. I have the most beautiful 3 year old son and we are truly poverty stricken. I'm sure many people are that are on this site, but I just don't know where to go or what to do. I find myself unable to buy diapers, buy the toiletries that we need, gasoline to get anywhere... I feel like the world is crashing on my chest and don't know where to turn. I have a 2004 Ford Taurus given to me by my father years ago that I know at any time is going to give up on me... I have a 2 year old son, one of the windows in the back seat doesn't roll down, and that by no means is an emergency, but what is, is that I live in Texas and of course right as the 110 degree's approach us, my air conditioning runs out and it is hot, and he sits back there, he doesn't deserve any of this. I am always at the doctors making sure my blood is thin enough to not stroke but not too thin that if I cut myself or a dog jumps on me that I bleed to death. The list could go on an on and on. Honestly, I feel like I am blessed. I have survived and sadly many people who have suffered from strokes have not... I just don't know where to ask and who to go to. I just need something, anything. We are truly in great need and I know that I am a wonderful person, friend and mother, people can empathize, but it's not like I can put "Hey everyone, someone please help me, I have nothing" on my Facebook status, ya know? I have often been the friend or the one family member people go to, not just for financial help, but advice support, and I've loved being the one people can count on... Now I just feel so alone, and I don't know what to do. I have beaten so many odds... First I wasn't supposed to live until my 21st birthday, my 28th birthday and so on... Here I am two weeks after I am turned 28 and yes, knock on wood everyone, I am doing alright, but I am suffering in a completley different way and I just need someone to help me....scratch that, would love for someone who is at a point in there life where they were able to help me in any way. I almost feel like erasing this whole thing because it is so embarrasing, and it felt good to get out, but who knows. I may make a friend or get some advice that could help me financially or in some other way.

Elizabeth Baker

Grand Prairie, TX

nenebutt28@yahoo.com (If you wondering that's my nickname.... yay me! =) )