Scared to lose my vehicle

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
joneskenna
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Scared to lose my vehicle

Post by joneskenna »

Hello,

Last year back in March I worked for the State of Oklahoma and was laid off because of the economy. I have been able to make vehicle payments but now I am getting close to running out of unemployment benefits and am scared that I will lose my vehicle that I bought new back in 2007 when the economy was going great. Is there any assistance in Oklahoma that I can call and hopefully they will help? I am scared to call the vehicle collection department and finding out what they say. Will someone please help until I can get another job and make the payments on my own? Please please help
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Scared to lose my vehicle

Post by Admin »

I think you have a few options. Look into a program called Ways to Work. It offers loans and even new cars to people who need them for work. While you already have a car, maybe they have a program for you. You can look into refinancing your curent auto loan to reduce the payments. Information on that is on the main site, under the Other Bills section on the left navigation bar. Last, call your local community action agency in Oklahoma. Find a listing of Oklahoma assistance programs and agencies. Ask them about Ways to Work. Also ask them about 1800 charity cars. That may be another option for you.
joneskenna wrote:Hello,

Last year back in March I worked for the State of Oklahoma and was laid off because of the economy. I have been able to make vehicle payments but now I am getting close to running out of unemployment benefits and am scared that I will lose my vehicle that I bought new back in 2007 when the economy was going great. Is there any assistance in Oklahoma that I can call and hopefully they will help? I am scared to call the vehicle collection department and finding out what they say. Will someone please help until I can get another job and make the payments on my own? Please please help