Unemployed: Need help to keep my car

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
gitana621
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployed: Need help to keep my car

Post by gitana621 »

Hi All,

I happened to run into this forum while desperately looking for help to keep my car.
Here's a quick version of my story. I have been long term unemployed and mostly temping or collecting unemployment for 3yrs. Temp jobs were very low wage. I had a great job before. Jobs at that level (mid level) don't exist anymore though, so I am applying to entry level jobs, and get no callbacks. So I've been temping to survive. This year I have had many gaps between temp jobs. My Unemployment exhausted (due to me collecting during gaps for the past 3yrs and part time work), and I have fallen so far behind. I have always temped enough to pay my car. My car loan had 6 extensions and I only owe 1 real payment, plus $1300 of INTEREST on the extensions. I thought I would be able to pay as I go. I got a part time job for 19hrs a week for a skincare company and have been looking for more hours at any other store/restaurant I can find to supplement. Nada. My car finance company called me yesterday and said unless I pay $1300 and change ASAP, they may decide to reposess my car. I barely owe any money on it. I have paid every month, even though in the past it was not what they wanted. I have always paid. They are not working with me. I have made call, after call to them trying to talk with different people, but all I end up doing is stressing myself out more. My part time job will not allow me to pay the full balance owed on my car within the month. I have noone that can help me. My father passed awaya nd I was living on the money he left me when my Unemployment ended.

Basically, I need to keep my car. I think it is unfair and cruel of them to threaten to take my car when I'm basically done w/ my loan and owe interest. Me paying every month means nothing to them. If I lose my car, I can't get to work. Then I will lose my apartment and end up homeless. All this can happen very quickly if I don't make this payment. I have applied for jobs EVERYWHERE to supplement my part time job (which supposely will go fulltime in 2 months), so they say. I am out of options other than sleeping in the car at night and fighting the repo man lol. But that won't do alot of good.

Is there any help in New Jersey for a small donation of $1300 so I can keep my car? I wish I had someone else to ask but I really don't. Hoping for some kind of charities, particularly in Monmouth, Middlesex or even Ocean Counties so I can go meet with them.

If anyone can offer any help, please reply here. I am so desperate to make this money but unless I hit the lotto tomorrow, it won't happen. I have until June 26th to pay off my car.

Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployed: Need help to keep my car

Post by Admin »

Hi,
We at needhelppayingbills replied to your first post at this link.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... 4247#p4247

However, I do not think you listed your state before. If those are the area of New Jersey you are looking for help in, then use this link to find assistance programs and financial counseling that is targeted at those areas.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Scroll mid way down the page to find those counties of Monmouth, Middlesex or Ocean NJ. The non-profits you find on the site may even be able to direct you to job finding programs, resume reviews, etc.
gitana621 wrote:Hi All,

I happened to run into this forum while desperately looking for help to keep my car.
Here's a quick version of my story. I have been long term unemployed and mostly temping or collecting unemployment for 3yrs. Temp jobs were very low wage. I had a great job before. Jobs at that level (mid level) don't exist anymore though, so I am applying to entry level jobs, and get no callbacks. So I've been temping to survive. This year I have had many gaps between temp jobs. My Unemployment exhausted (due to me collecting during gaps for the past 3yrs and part time work), and I have fallen so far behind. I have always temped enough to pay my car. My car loan had 6 extensions and I only owe 1 real payment, plus $1300 of INTEREST on the extensions. I thought I would be able to pay as I go. I got a part time job for 19hrs a week for a skincare company and have been looking for more hours at any other store/restaurant I can find to supplement. Nada. My car finance company called me yesterday and said unless I pay $1300 and change ASAP, they may decide to reposess my car. I barely owe any money on it. I have paid every month, even though in the past it was not what they wanted. I have always paid. They are not working with me. I have made call, after call to them trying to talk with different people, but all I end up doing is stressing myself out more. My part time job will not allow me to pay the full balance owed on my car within the month. I have noone that can help me. My father passed awaya nd I was living on the money he left me when my Unemployment ended.

Basically, I need to keep my car. I think it is unfair and cruel of them to threaten to take my car when I'm basically done w/ my loan and owe interest. Me paying every month means nothing to them. If I lose my car, I can't get to work. Then I will lose my apartment and end up homeless. All this can happen very quickly if I don't make this payment. I have applied for jobs EVERYWHERE to supplement my part time job (which supposely will go fulltime in 2 months), so they say. I am out of options other than sleeping in the car at night and fighting the repo man lol. But that won't do alot of good.

Is there any help in New Jersey for a small donation of $1300 so I can keep my car? I wish I had someone else to ask but I really don't. Hoping for some kind of charities, particularly in Monmouth, Middlesex or even Ocean Counties so I can go meet with them.

If anyone can offer any help, please reply here. I am so desperate to make this money but unless I hit the lotto tomorrow, it won't happen. I have until June 26th to pay off my car.

Thank you.
Syrum

Post by Syrum »

To Whom It May Concern:
I'm a 100% disabled veteran and unemployed. Back in January I totaled my Altima, after filling out all the necessary paperwork, they waited until April to inform me that I was still responsible for the last car payment that was due. At this point the payment was already 90 days late and severely messed up my credit. I then had to purchase a used vehicle which ran great for the first few months, however the last 3 months it's been one issue after another. Now the axel has broken and I just don't have the money to get it fixed, as I've already put more into the car then it was worth.
I'm now in a position where I no longer have a working vehicle to get me to and from my VA Dr's appointments. I also don't have the money to put down for a new vehicle and don't know what to do. I'm not sure who I'm supposed to contact for assistance. After searching the internet I came across this charity. I currently reside in Kissimmee. I'm not sure if this is the proper charity to ask for assistance, as any help would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may be able to get out of that car loan on the Altima. We have an entire page focused on that...some tips, possible approaches to take, advice, and even financial aid for those loans. Find it here, and learn how to get out of car loans.
Syrum wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
I'm a 100% disabled veteran and unemployed. Back in January I totaled my Altima, after filling out all the necessary paperwork, they waited until April to inform me that I was still responsible for the last car payment that was due. At this point the payment was already 90 days late and severely messed up my credit. I then had to purchase a used vehicle which ran great for the first few months, however the last 3 months it's been one issue after another. Now the axel has broken and I just don't have the money to get it fixed, as I've already put more into the car then it was worth.