Moving- in need of Furniture

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
momswork2gether
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Moving- in need of Furniture

Post by momswork2gether »

I live in the Walker/ Montgomery County of Tx, and I am in dying need of new furniture. I overheard some women talking about a program out here that will help out with the furniture, but I couldn't get more from them because they left. If any information is available for help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving- in need of Furniture

Post by Admin »

Getting furniture is rare, but not unheard of. Try these resources.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mon ... ce_p1.html
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wal ... progr.html
It provides information on charities and non-profits such as Community Organization for Missionary Endeavor (C.O.M.E.) phone (936) 295-0671. Hopefully between these agencies and organizations listed above you can find what you need.

momswork2gether wrote:I live in the Walker/ Montgomery County of Tx, and I am in dying need of new furniture. I overheard some women talking about a program out here that will help out with the furniture, but I couldn't get more from them because they left. If any information is available for help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
CarlK

Post by CarlK »

I live in Santa Cruz County and am disabled. I am a single mom, 51, have had cancer three times and am currently battling a serious illness that could be fatal. My kids are 10 and 15, and that is one girl, one boy I am in need of food, wood to heat the home, two dump runs due to lack of money and resources. One kid is in school and not working due to that, The other as lived with me since he was 6 and although I consider him my own son, he is not biologically mine. I have always taken children in, not through the system but literally they all ended up at my door step. I have never received money to care for them and it's been a long road. We all have health issues, but we don't know if I will be here next year, this time. I pray and have faith that I will and we will all be healed according to Gods' Will. I would love to be able to provide them with some new clothing as they only have two pair of pants each and one pair of shoes. They deserve so much more, but they never complain. We have been through too much, one ordeal led to the conviction of a boy we had taken in. We are all still healing from that....can you aid us with some basic needs for Christmas?? Food, baking items as they love baking, a gift card for each for some much needed clothing and shoes, and jackets, wood to heat our home, maybe a heater or two, blankets or quilts. All king size please, perhaps help with a bill or two or help fixing one of their vehicles? Two work and attend adult education. While the other one has to travel back and forth to school. They need tires, one needs the driver’s door fixed as it is in the locked position and won't open at all. We all need tune-ups, and tires, and individual issues. Maybe a large dog bed and good flea medicine for our two cats and one dog. Our dog is also part of our family, kitties too. I just want to stock our cabinets and freezer with food, so I know they can eat when ever and can take food with them to eat while at work/school...and to keep them warm and dressed!! A tree would be great but we would love to go cut our own tree as we used to do that. Our family is very close and I am very blessed to have them with me still. I am not sure exactly what I qualify for, but I do know we are 'poor'.....we would definitely qualify financially for probably anything. Again, any assistance you could advise me of or sign us up for would be greatly appreciated. My mobility is kind of limited, so I am very difficult time attending meetings or appointments, but it is totally possible for me to, just later in the day would be best. I am trying to provide any and all information I can think of. Thank you again and may God Bless you and guide your hands as you work each day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

there are some places that may offer [urlfree furniture][/url]. You are a survivor, fighting back cancer multiple times and trying to provide for your family at the same time.
CarlK wrote:All king size please, perhaps help with a bill or two or help fixing one of their vehicles? Two work and attend adult education. While the other one has to travel back and forth to school. They need tires, one needs the driver’s door fixed as it is in the locked position and won't open at all. We all need tune-ups, and tires, and individual issues. Maybe a large dog bed and good flea medicine for our two cats and one dog. Our dog is also part of our family, kitties too. I just want to stock our cabinets and freezer with food, so I know they can eat when ever and can take food with them to eat while at work/school...and to keep them warm and dressed!! A tree would be great but we would love to go cut our own tree as we used to do that. Our family is very close and I am very blessed to have them with me still. I am not sure exactly what I qualify for, but I do know we are 'poor'.....we would definitely qualify financially for probably anything. Again, any assistance you could advise me of or sign us up for would be greatly appreciated. My mobility is kind of limited, so I am very difficult time attending meetings or appointments, but it is totally possible for me to, just later in the day would be best. I am trying to provide any and all information I can think of. Thank you again and may God Bless you and guide your hands as you work each day.