Social services out of funds

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Perkiu1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Social services out of funds

Post by Perkiu1 »

I live in a small town in NC (Camden) I have tried getting help from my local Social services but they are out of funds I need to come up with 540.00 by 3/30 I set up a payment plain with dominion power but there is no way I can pay what they want and still pay my other bills I have also tried getting a personal loan but I cant get one I hate doing this but I really dont know what else to do.If there is anyway you could help that will be great. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Social services out of funds

Post by Admin »

Dominion Power should have other options for you. Social Services is not only choice.
Here is a comprehensive listing of energy bill programs in North Carolina. They range from LIHEAP to a plan known as EnergyShare, which is run by Dominion. The phone numbers for the various NC utility programs are on the link attached, as well as further details.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nor ... d_ene.html
Perkiu1 wrote:I live in a small town in NC (Camden) I have tried getting help from my local Social services but they are out of funds I need to come up with 540.00 by 3/30 I set up a payment plain with dominion power but there is no way I can pay what they want and still pay my other bills I have also tried getting a personal loan but I cant get one I hate doing this but I really dont know what else to do.If there is anyway you could help that will be great. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
Juker

Post by Juker »

Hello, I’m a 33 year mother with 2 children, and I’m also pregnant. I work full-time and live in public housing. My work hours have been cut. I’m not able to get my bills under control because of unexpected things that took place the last couple of months. I’m behind in rent, and electricity, which was due to get cut off today, and I’m due to be evicted next Friday. No programs have funding to help me. I've been to social services, Salvation army in New Mexico, Catholic Charities, churches. I really need a little help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, funding is always limited. If you are behind on rent and about to be kicked out, and behind on utilities, then some New Mexico charity may find it hard to assist you. At least you seem willing and able to work. But the challenge is when you are too far behind on bills, your options are more limited. So try this for more details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
DaisyBunny

Post by DaisyBunny »

To whom this may concern:
I been on your website forever and each social service programs I have called and tried had no funds. I am currently getting evicted from my home, me and my two daughter. I currently had a baby and was on maturity leave and finally find a stable job getting me on my feet but I am currently behind one month which the fees is $810. I own and now it the new month and years so added to that is 570. I don't know what else to do here. I have no where to go with my kids and I am desperate need of help from social service funds. PLEASE HELP ME I am begging you all.
Thank you in advance
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If social services is out, then try a charity. As maybe they have some funds too. But not their resources are always limited. But find options here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
DaisyBunny wrote:To whom this may concern:
I been on your website forever and each social service programs I have called and tried had no funds.
Marley

Post by Marley »

Yes I spent most of my day and called places along with my wife and there are no funds available from Social Services and I cannot apply at some places until September. Even though I was told by the power company that funds were available in my area. So to keep myself from losing everything I have to take out one of those quick loan things and hope I survive. I was on the payment plan, made my payment on the 4th, but it didn't process until Monday the 7th, so the turned me off and took me off the plan because a computer couldn't process it by the 5th, which was a Saturday and apparently the computer had the weekend off. Funny because my banks computer must not have had the weekend off and gladly took the money out of my account on Saturday.
They claim they took me off the plan in June, even though I made payments for June, July, and August plus turned in my paperwork in June for the payment plan which I am on, which they also said they never got. I have been on this plan for years and have never had an issue like I just had. If I was able to make the payment earlier I would have, but there is a reason I am on the plan. I am a father of 3 who makes just enough to barely pay my bills and I need funds from Social Services. I can't afford food, clothes, school supplies, gas, and every other thing. But we are just numbers in a system and there is no human compassion anymore and everyone is just doing their job. I appreciate the information from the email, it was on the website where I got this email.