Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Salvation Army

Post by Admin »

We are not quite sure where Gallipolis is and what County, but we have Ohio well covered. Dozens of Salvation Army centers operate in that state. They almost all have food pantries and offer energy bill help, including programs like HEAP applications. Did your community action agency refer you to any other resources, as they are always a great resource. Anyway find more details on Salvation Army resources in Ohio, including phone numbers and addresses.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

I need help ASAP. I have two kids and I only have till the end of the month to pay my bills. SNAP has denied me for whatever reason, Salvation Army is giving me the run around. I don't want to move in with my mother. I’m willing to work, I just cant find anything to work around my ever changing school schedule :( PLEASE PLEASE HELP:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a list of all the Salvation Army centers in Ohio. So while we can't help, maybe you can use the food pantry there. At least you can use the $36 you get per month, and the groceries at the pantry, to feed yourself. So try this for a list of Salvation Army programs in your state of Ohio. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... cial_.html
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is the resource for you. It is a listing of statewide Salvation Army centers in Ohio. Read more.
But the issue is if your income is only $864 month, you need more long term help. As there are only so many places that may be options for you. Seek them out and apply.
Thomas2 wrote:I am disabled and my income is only $864 per month. Due to taxes, the high cost of electric and my insurance on my mobile home, I am unable to pay all my bills this month and only get $36 for food assistance. I only need help for this month. Can you help please?
Smoother

Post by Smoother »

Dear Salvation Army,
I'm in dire need of assistance with Electric bill & basic food staples. I am single, 59 (60) in February. I live alone, have worked for my entire life beginning at the age of 12. I have been unemployed for 8 months & all my resources have been used up. I am currently without transportation & my case worker with Snaps Program sanctioned my benefits, which I still do not understand why!! That means I can't reapply until the last week of January, if it is approved, I would have money on my SNAPS card by mid-February.
I suffer from COPD as well (emphysema) I was a smoker for 35 years, however, I've been a non-smoker now for 11 years. I am on Albuterol inhalers & Spiriva once a day. I've been out of my medications for 6 months including HBP medicines. I have to walk everywhere I go, don't even have 1.50 for the bus & with my COPD, that becomes quite a chore! Could a case worker or someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction please? I was married once for 23 years, divorced for 17 years, raised our 2 sons by myself, they were 14 & 13 when she left us. They are 33 & 32 now. Anyhow, I know y'all are busy & this is the 1st time I've ever reached out for any kind of aid, so bear with me, this is very awkward for me. I pray that y'all can help me in some form, shape, or fashion.
God bless y’all, hope your Thanksgiving was pleasant, Merry Christmas, & may 2016 be very Kind to You!
Respectfully & Sincerely,
Survivor

Post by Survivor »

Dear Salvation Army,
I'm in dire need of assistance with Electric bill & basic food staples. I am single, 59 (60) in February. I live alone, have worked for my entire life beginning at the age of 12. I have been unemployed for 8 months & all my resources have been used up.
I am currently without transportation & my case worker with Snaps Program sanctioned my benefits, which I still do not understand why!! That means I can't reapply until the last week of January, if it is approved, I would have money on my SNAPS card by mid-February. I suffer from COPD as well (emphysema) I was a smoker for 35 years, however, I've been a non-smoker now for 11 years. I am on Albuterol inhalers & Spiriva once a day. I've been out of my medications for 6 months including HBP medicines. I have to walk everywhere I go, don't even have 1.50 for the bus & with my COPD, that becomes quite a chore! Could a case worker or someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction please?
I was married once for 23 years, divorced for 17 years, raised our 2 sons by myself, they were 14 & 13 when she left us. They are 33 & 32 now. Anyhow, I know y'all are busy & this is the 1st time I've ever reached out for any kind of aid, so bear with me, this is very awkward for me. I pray that y'all can help me in some form, shape, or fashion.
God bless y’all, hope your Thanksgiving was pleasant, Merry Christmas, & may 2016 be very Kind to You!
Respectfully & Sincerely,
Germany

Post by Germany »

Hello, I have one 3 year Old son. I've never been so down on my luck as I am this year, I'm not working, I'm looking for a job, I'm on welfare for the first time in my life, and I know I will not be able to get my son gifts for Christmas.
I've never ever signed up for any kind of Salvation Army programs before ever, so I have no idea how or where to go, I don't want much, just how to apply to get my baby a present on Christmas, that's all, please help me?
I had a falling out with my parents a long time ago so that's not an option for me, and I’m a single mother, with no help from his father, I’m renting a room from a friend so that I don’t have to take.
My baby to a homeless shelter run by Salvation Army, ha I need help please. I do realize that these things have to be done early and I may have missed my chance, in that case just let me know and I can try to figure something else out. Thank you so very much please contact me with any info, thanks.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Dear Salvation Army
I'm a single mom of two beautiful girls from South Africa. We are really struggling. I lost my job and finding another job in these difficult financial crisis is hard. I even sold my car to keep us afloat.
The girls are about to get expelled at school due to lack of funding and non payment. I can't pay for them and they are very intelligent and hard working.
I am currently studying and at times I don't get to class due to not having money for transport. At times we go to bed hungry due to lack of food.
I'm am asking the Salvation Army organization to help me find a job and help me pay for my girls fees. Actually any kind of help will be a great blessing.
Thank you for taking your time reading my letter.
Yours sincerely
Macra

Post by Macra »

Hello Salvation Army,
My power is going to be turned off on the 26th, I begged the power company to give 4 more days but they will not.   I have 11 dollars to my name I’m not even sure how I’m going to get to work the rest of this week, I have been in the hospital twice for a week both times and I have been struggling to pay those bills as I have no insurance.  My boyfriend of 10-years can’t find steady work and does “side” handyman jobs when he can get them.  He got a “side job going to make him 1,800 dollars, but the people decided not to move forward with the work, at that point I had already paid extra money towards my medical bills and now I’m in big trouble.  I have no one I can turn to, I have NO family anymore.  I also have to pay a full mortgage payment and one half by end of this month.  I have been doing everything I can working overtime, to scrimping, save money, and earning any extra money I can.   I even wash my neighbor’s cars this weekend … I go without dinner at least 3 night a week, I don’t know what else to-do I am hanging on to my last rope .  You guys help me out one other time about 15 years ago.  Please call me if I don’t answer it’s because I’m working, please leave a message and I will call you back ASAP.
Bless you and thank you Salvation Army for your time,