Salvation Army

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
gerry.heffer

Salvation Army

Post by gerry.heffer »

Does the Salvation Army really help with bills and rent? How much money do they provide, and how do I get it. Who do I contact
markj19345

The Salvation Army does help with paying rent

Post by markj19345 »

They basically have offices in all cities and areas across America. The Salvation Army has people called captains that run the offices, and they provide the assistance to those in need
michelledoucette20

Re: Salvation Army

Post by michelledoucette20 »

Does the Salvation Army operate and have offices in Florida? I need family assistance and help with food, rent, and other bills, not to mention the utility bills as now my air conditioner needs to be run more as summer approaches.
nibseysgirl
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Post by nibseysgirl »

michelledoucette20 wrote:Does the Salvation Army operate and have offices in Florida? I need family assistance and help with food, rent, and other bills, not to mention the utility bills as now my air conditioner needs to be run more as summer approaches.
Salvation Amry does operate in FL. I lived in SW FL and I Know they are all over Fl...Look in the yellow pages. They are very helpful and offer help to those who qualify with food, cloths(sometimes) holiday help, summer camp(My daughter went to an overnight camp(her first expirience and LOVED IT) for a wk at ZERO cost to me...I would recommend calling 411 and asking in your local area..there is also cathoic charities and st vincent depaul in most areas of FL as well..Hope this helps. I am in the same senario in GA...God Bless and Good Luck
Nancyle1

Prince Georges County Salvation Army

Post by Nancyle1 »

Hi.
I just wanted to know if there were a program in Prince Georges County(similar to Salvation Army) that helps with a one time rental payment. I am currently working, but have gotten behind on rent this month. Years ago, when i live in DC, there was a program that helped with similar issues, which were funded by the Salvation Army. I you could give me any information, it would be gladly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Prince Georges County Salvation Army

Post by Admin »

Some options and programs include:
United Communities Against Poverty (UCAP) is the Community Action Agency (CAA) phone 301.322.5700. They offer rent and mortgage help, and debt assistance counseling.
Department of Social Services offer Prince George families access to government programs, including rent, section 8, and shelter and tenant housing/assistance. More info can be found here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... sista.html
Nancyle1 wrote:Hi.
I just wanted to know if there were a program in Prince Georges County(similar to Salvation Army) that helps with a one time rental payment. I am currently working, but have gotten behind on rent this month. Years ago, when i live in DC, there was a program that helped with similar issues, which were funded by the Salvation Army. I you could give me any information, it would be gladly appreciated.
Trew1

Post by Trew1 »

I im a low income family i have 5 kids on section 8. I am moving into my new house but cant move in until i pay my security deposit that i need help with paying. The landlord is demanding the money and is not flexible. The Salvation Army and Urban league in my area is out of money so i need someone to help for paying this 1,250.00 security deposit. I only have 400 of that deposit and need help with the remaining balance so i can move into the unit on asap.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Calling the Urban League and Salvation Army are great steps. Always highly recommended. Unfortunately as you indicated the funding can be limited. They may not always be able to help everyone. Therefore look into other local charities in your area. For example the Mustard Seed of Central Florida phone (407) 875-2040 may be a good option for your town.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... izati.html
Trew1 wrote:I im a low income family i have 5 kids on section 8. I am moving into my new house but cant move in until i pay my security deposit that i need help with paying. The landlord is demanding the money and is not flexible. The Salvation Army and Urban league in my area is out of money so i need someone to help for paying this 1,250.00 security deposit. I only have 400 of that deposit and need help with the remaining balance so i can move into the unit on asap.
Cassidy

Post by Cassidy »

Hello I live in Topeka Ks (shawnee county) I'm a single mother and have recently lost my job. I'm facing eviction if I don't get my rent paid this week and am unable to find an agency to assist me. Are there any programs in my area that can help, I've called doorstep, let's help, community action as well as the salvation army and none have funds available. I would really appreciate a response, thanks.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you have called many of the correct places so far. We can provide you a few more options, but not much more we can do. Many programs do focus help single parents first, as they want to ensure kids get support. But the Shawnee assistance resources and programs are listed here. Some can help with bills like energy, and other for housing expenses. Try calling Let's Help, Inc. (which can be reached at (785) 234-6208), Joyful Harvest offers Shawnee and Topeka Kansas residents with free food and other aid (number (785) 354-8154). those are just a couple options for you.
Cassidy wrote:Hello I live in Topeka Ks (shawnee county) I'm a single mother and have recently lost my job. I'm facing eviction if I don't get my rent paid this week and am unable to find an agency to assist me. Are there any programs in my area that can help, I've called doorstep, let's help, community action as well as the salvation army and none have funds available. I would really appreciate a response, thanks.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Charlotte1

Post by Charlotte1 »

Hello. I lost my job on 07/07/2011. I am in dire need of assistance because there is only one income, which is not enough to pay bills. I have a roommate, who also has a nine year old son, and we are not able to pay rent due on the 1st. Also, we have an interruption of service from our electric company on 09/12/2011. If there is any way we can get assistance, please let me know what I need to do. I have tried local programs like the Palm Beach Salvation Army, but all of those have an extended waiting period, and I fear we will be evicted by then. Thank you for your time, and I hope to talk to you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, some places in Palm Beach FL may be able to help both with your rent as well as your utilities. You will need to call around though, as is always the case. Can your roommate contribute to any of the expenses? Find the information on Palm Beach Florida grants and financial assistance. Try calling the Center for Family Services of Palm Beach County, Inc. at 561-514-0564. Or these is also, as in most counties, a community action agency in Palm Beach. Dial 561-355-4700. They offer emergency assistance as well as self sufficiency programs for the low income.
Charlotte1 wrote:Hello. I lost my job on 07/07/2011. I am in dire need of assistance because there is only one income, which is not enough to pay bills. I have a roommate, who also has a nine year old son, and we are not able to pay rent due on the 1st. Also, we have an interruption of service from our electric company on 09/12/2011. If there is any way we can get assistance, please let me know what I need to do. I have tried local programs like the Palm Beach Salvation Army, but all of those have an extended waiting period, and I fear we will be evicted by then. Thank you for your time, and I hope to talk to you soon.
Popen

Post by Popen »

I am looking for rental and utility deposit assistance from local church/charity/or community organization.. I am currently in the process of relocating to Jacksonville Florida GA from New York. I am receiving unemployment benefits,and have located housing but I fear I do not have enough funds to pay the balance of my rental deposit and turn on my electricity at the housing community that I have been approved to move into. I have been made aware that I need to have these services paid and turne don in order for meto move into my apartment which is to be ready by mid-october 2011. I have paid a good faith deposit of $100.00on my apartment at but am having trouble getting the balance of deposit needed to move in.. I fear if I cannot come up with the balance I will be rendered homeless _ Please help....
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, you may need specific rent or housing assistance vs. just a charity. However, you may want to explore our extensive listing of charities, both national, state (including Florida), as well as local (such as Jacksonville). We have information on the Salvation Army, relocation assistance, ways to get free gasoline vouchers, and much more.
Popen wrote:I am looking for rental and utility deposit assistance from local church/charity/or community organization.. I am currently in the process of relocating to Jacksonville Florida GA from New York. I am receiving unemployment benefits,and have located housing but I fear I do not have enough funds to pay the balance of my rental deposit and turn on my electricity at the housing community that I have been approved to move into. I have been made aware that I need to have these services paid and turne don in order for meto move into my apartment which is to be ready by mid-october 2011. I have paid a good faith deposit of $100.00on my apartment at but am having trouble getting the balance of deposit needed to move in.. I fear if I cannot come up with the balance I will be rendered homeless _ Please help....
Thomas2

Post by Thomas2 »

I have searched all available info and cannot locate a Salvation army office anywhere near Gallipolis, Ohio. I am in desperate need of assistance for electric and food. I did contact my local community action office and they cannot assist because I received HEAP assistance in the past year. I am disabled and my income is only $864 per month. Due to taxes, the high cost of electric and my insurance on my mobile home, I am unable to pay all my bills this month and only get $36 for food assistance. I only need help for this month. Can you help please?