Need help of all kinds in Charleston, SC.

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Valdostas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help of all kinds in Charleston, SC.

Post by Valdostas »

Does anybody know of any churches or organizations that can help with rent, lights, heating, food and transportation?

I have talked with United Way and they gave me suggestions which I have called with no luck.

I am currently unemployed and have signed up for assistance but they are dragging their feet on the application process.

Also does anybody know of any programs or charities that help with home repairs? I currently rent a trailer and I need to

have the furnace looked at and have repaired plus also need to have other things looked at and repaired. I have informed my

landlord but I'm not getting the repairs done things are going to make my bills go sky high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help of all kinds in Charleston, SC.

Post by Admin »

It was good you called the Charleston Unit Way. Not sure who they referred you to, but here are some more organizations, charities, and places to try to call for help.
Try the link below, but other names include East Cooper Community Outreach (phone number 849.9220), Tricounty Family Ministries (phone 747-1788) as well as the Charleston County Human Services Commission (843-724-6760). All of these may have rent and utility help, be able to refer you to government programs, and provide other forms of aid and support. Here are more options.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Valdostas wrote:Does anybody know of any churches or organizations that can help with rent, lights, heating, food and transportation?

I have talked with United Way and they gave me suggestions which I have called with no luck.

I am currently unemployed and have signed up for assistance but they are dragging their feet on the application process.

Also does anybody know of any programs or charities that help with home repairs? I currently rent a trailer and I need to

have the furnace looked at and have repaired plus also need to have other things looked at and repaired. I have informed my

landlord but I'm not getting the repairs done things are going to make my bills go sky high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Valdostas

Post by Valdostas »

Thanks for the information. I have tried these agencies. East Cooper Outreach was of no help because I didn't live

in their area. TriCounty Ministries when I called said they had no funds to help.

Chas Cty Human Services is a hard one to get a hold of. If I can get to them I will have to go talk with them directly

due to they leave busy signal on their phone all the time.
Hopkins

Post by Hopkins »

Hello I’m a single parent with my 5 children. we are one of those not so fortunate families who have just recently come out of the shelter in Charleston. We were blessed with a home thru Home Inc. due to me being disabled, but we are on a fixed income which is my SSI and our food stamps.

Well after paying bills and what not there isn’t much left for Christmas tree or gifts for my family. Its sad to see my little one putting in their letters in the mail box to Santa but looks as if Santa can't make it this year. A friend asked me if I had signed up for gifts this year. I had no idea that there was such a thing and she mentioned Salvation army. Perhaps I’m too late. I am a believer and I pray that this gets read in time for some assistance before Christmas eve so my children can believe just as much as I that miracles do come true thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are various charity run clothing centers and Christmas programs in the Charleston South Carolina region. However if you have 5 kids and only live on disability, it will be difficult for you. You may need to find a job, live with friends, and take other steps. As food stamps and SSI are not enough. But as far as the Christmas aid, try these charities and churches. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... osets.html