ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
clarasheart
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Post by clarasheart »

Hi my name is Clara I live in Greenville, NC.I am a married mother of 6 children in the home and one in college. My husband injured himself Feb. of this year and shortly after his company filed bankruptcy and he was one of the ones laid off. He is receiving unemployment which is not much, but he has to have surgery on 12/17/10 ( A multi-level spinal fusion) at which time he will no longer be able to draw unemployment. I currently work three jobs to make ends meet. We have house that I inherited but it still has a mortgage on it. It needed major repairs, we took our savings and hired someone to to the work. We have been paying rent and mortgage. The Contractor has taken the money and left. We have no plumbing completed and not one room finished.MY daughter who is in college needs money to pay her tuition balance before she can register for spring classes at Chowan university. I am not looking for a hand out I am willing to put in some sweat equity, time and labor. I am willing to pay if a payment arrangement can be made. Our lease is up for the apartment on 12/31, I am desperate, tired but yet stand on faith that God will show me a way through. If there is any one that can help or have any information please let me know ! Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Post by Admin »

I know of a few places in Greenville and Pitt County North Carolina. They may be able to help you with your situation, or direct you to some options and other programs, both local and federal government.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Try the Martin County Community Action, Inc., which also covers the Greenville area. Their number is (252) 792-7111.
If you use the link above you will find info on some other agencies in the area. As far as the surgery, on the main site of needhelppayingbills.com you will also find programs that can provide for health and medical care, and maybe even free health care. Many are federal programs, but they offer aid at the local level. I also have NC mortgage programs posted on the site.
clarasheart wrote:Hi my name is Clara I live in Greenville, NC.I am a married mother of 6 children in the home and one in college. My husband injured himself Feb. of this year and shortly after his company filed bankruptcy and he was one of the ones laid off. He is receiving unemployment which is not much, but he has to have surgery on 12/17/10 ( A multi-level spinal fusion) at which time he will no longer be able to draw unemployment. I currently work three jobs to make ends meet. We have house that I inherited but it still has a mortgage on it. It needed major repairs, we took our savings and hired someone to to the work. We have been paying rent and mortgage. The Contractor has taken the money and left. We have no plumbing completed and not one room finished.MY daughter who is in college needs money to pay her tuition balance before she can register for spring classes at Chowan university. I am not looking for a hand out I am willing to put in some sweat equity, time and labor. I am willing to pay if a payment arrangement can be made. Our lease is up for the apartment on 12/31, I am desperate, tired but yet stand on faith that God will show me a way through. If there is any one that can help or have any information please let me know ! Thank you
BicycleRider

Post by BicycleRider »

I have been calling GCARD for a month now. I am located in Flint, Michigan. The line is always busy and after 40 minutes of trying to get through a recording comes on. "We have met our quota for the day call the next day. ......the same thing happens. Is this a HOAX or do they really assist people.
I've never needed assistance in this magnitude before. So, when I heard resources are available I decided to seek help. Salvation Army didn't do anything either after I supplied them with all my info. I've recently lost my job because my position was eliminated. The woman asked why was I behind on rent.....I've just lost my job. This is so discouraging, I pray that everyone involved experience what it's like to seek help and can't get it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If GCARD is not available, then try the Salvation Army in Flint Michigan. they have all sorts of assistance programs, furniture, winter clothes, and more.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
BicycleRider wrote:I have been calling GCARD for a month now. I am located in Flint, Michigan.