Clothing, furniture and more from Society of Saint Vincent

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Margarita
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Clothing, furniture and more from Society of Saint Vincent

Post by Margarita »

I've been to your website for Saint Vincent de Paul and I need furniture or clothing, and I am a heart patient in poor health in a HUD apartment, I just rented, here in Van Nuys.
I have a twin bed and one change of sheets, and a folding dinette table, where I sit with one office chair and one in my room, in my one bedroom apartment.
I paid the Cab guys yesterday to help me fill my prescriptions and buy my groceries and get me back home. I live alone and I'm new to the area, so need furniture for my place.
Please contact me because my utility bills should reflect my disability status as a Medicare recipient, and I need your help.
Thank you in advance for assisting me with acquiring the basics I need help with.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clothing, furniture and more from Society of Saint Vincent

Post by Admin »

St. Vincent De Paul has thrift stores which may provide what you need. They have tons of clothing, furniture, and other goods too. While you may need to pay some money for the bed, sheets, and other goods you need, the Society may help. They often even have pantries or can deliver food to people who are along, like you. So try the St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs for what you need.
Margarita wrote:I've been to your website for Saint Vincent de Paul and I need furniture or clothing
Tidd

Post by Tidd »

I'm trying to find out some information on what the Society of Saint Vincent can do. I need to know if anyone can help me with my water bill as well as furniture for our home. I have found myself in a very hard time in my life. I do have a job my girlfriend lives with me and is working part time and going to school and my 2 children live with me as well. We live in a 2 bedroom house and all the bills are so high that we can't catch up with any of them. We need items for our 2 bedroom home, including furniture.
We asked the water company to put us on a payment plan and they said they could not. So at this point they have cut my water completely off. I have called numerous places to help such as Metropolitan ministries, Health & social services, Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul, and St. Mary and no one can help. I live in Tampa, FL and it seems as if no one can help me and I'm in a horrible bind. I never been in a situation like this and I really need some help. Please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

St. Vincent may be able to help. But there are other charities and furniture banks to try too. In fact a number of assistance programs are out there. You can find them here, on our site which lists free furniture from charities. We doubt they can give you enough for a 2 bedroom house, but maybe the basics can be met.
Tidd wrote:I'm trying to find out some information on what the Society of Saint Vincent can do. as well as furniture for our home. I have found myself in a very hard time in my life. I do have a job my girlfriend lives with me and is working part time and going to school and my 2 children live with me as well. We live in a 2 bedroom house and all the bills are so high that we can't catch up with any of them. We need items for our 2 bedroom home, including furniture.
China

Post by China »

Hello, I was told by a friend that I might be able to get some assistance through St. Vincent de Paul. I'm having a hard time making contact. I am going through a divorce right now and need furniture and clothes. My husband has stayed in the house we shared and I went to stay with a friend. Her landlord did not want my children there and therefore terminated the lease. Since May 1 we have been homeless. Staying in hotels. My husband and I have 5 children. 4 of them are with me primarily and they need beds and winter coats. Our money is draining quickly and we have had no success getting into a rental and we hope Society of Saint Vincent can help. If you can help us with moving, rent, furniture, beds, clothes or more in any way it would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me via phone or text or reply to email. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

St. Vincent is one of the many charities out there that offers clothes, both during the winter and year round. We have other charities listed too for winter boots, hats, or year round, free clothing. SVDP is but one. Look here for free winter clothing near you.

China wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:52 am Clothes or more in any way it would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me via phone or text or reply to email. Thank you.