Property tax consultants

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Ig12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Property tax consultants

Post by Ig12 »

I am a widow, with no financial means to hire an atty. or title company, so when I purchased a plot of land in Sandoval, IL, I had no other choice but to type up the Quit Claim deed myself. In doing so, I forgot to place a clause at the end stating that the 2009 property taxes are to be paid by Seller. The deed was recorded in Salem, Marion County, IL. Naturally, I found out later the 2009 property taxes had not been paid.

I had asked the Seller before buying this property if he owed any taxes or anything, but naturally he lied. When I confronted him with this problem, he promised over and over he would pay them, but of course, we know how that goes. He wasn't happy with my persistence, so he called me from the local bar one evening, and called me every filthy name under the sun, so I simply hung up on him.

Five months, I had asked this man to pay me, but of course, none of his promises were kept, as suspected. Now they are delinquent and I must pay $1,044.00 before January 1, 2011 or my lot goes up for auction, according to the Assessor's Office. I don't have this kind of money, so I'm trying to remedy this situation.

Believe me, I've searched every avenue and then some for property tax relief and consultants,and for ways to make extra money, and do know about these survey and project jobs, including testing products. The surveys are a pain. I've done them, and they can mess up your computer pretty quick, given you are prompted to different web sites during the survey. I find they are just a sneaky way to get people to buy, buy, buy, as all that keeps popping up during these surveys are advertisements!

Anyway, I have checked out your site, which I am quite impressed with, and appreciate all your hard work.

Loans won't do me any good right now, and I stay away from those type things, anyway. I like to make my own way in this world, which gives me great satisfaction. I'll be writing articles for different websites, which is pretty good pay if you find the right sites, but first and foremost, my goal is to help the public with various problems, as I've done in the past on my own. I've always loved research...that's my heart!
jenneifermegan

Re: Property tax consultants

Post by jenneifermegan »

I'm in need of help in paying my tax property. I have been sick for the past seven years and getting care of my mother. I had to leave work because of my health. Now I'm taking care of my grandmother who's 103 years old. I'm really don't not want to lose the house. Can someone contact me and give me some kind of assistance and information on what I can do. I would like some type of free tax consultation and need to save this home from a tax foreclosure. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Have you heard of property tax consultants or attorneys? These are professionals who can help homeowners and individuals deal with tax issues. Most will work on a contingency basis, meaning you do not need to pay them unless they actually save you money. Here are a bunch of tips and tricks to implement when looking for a consultant. Sounds like you have some problems with deeds and what not, but the consultant can help direct you to free legal aid as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... elps_.html
Ig12 wrote:I am a widow, with no financial means to hire an atty. or title company, so when I purchased a plot of land in Sandoval, IL, I had no other choice but to type up the Quit Claim deed myself. In doing so, I forgot to place a clause at the end stating that the 2009 property taxes are to be paid by Seller. The deed was recorded in Salem, Marion County, IL. Naturally, I found out later the 2009 property taxes had not been paid.

I had asked the Seller before buying this property if he owed any taxes or anything, but naturally he lied. When I confronted him with this problem, he promised over and over he would pay them, but of course, we know how that goes. He wasn't happy with my persistence, so he called me from the local bar one evening, and called me every filthy name under the sun, so I simply hung up on him.

Five months, I had asked this man to pay me, but of course, none of his promises were kept, as suspected. Now they are delinquent and I must pay $1,044.00 before January 1, 2011 or my lot goes up for auction, according to the Assessor's Office. I don't have this kind of money, so I'm trying to remedy this situation.

Believe me, I've searched every avenue and then some for property tax relief and consultants,and for ways to make extra money, and do know about these survey and project jobs, including testing products. The surveys are a pain. I've done them, and they can mess up your computer pretty quick, given you are prompted to different web sites during the survey. I find they are just a sneaky way to get people to buy, buy, buy, as all that keeps popping up during these surveys are advertisements!

Anyway, I have checked out your site, which I am quite impressed with, and appreciate all your hard work.

Loans won't do me any good right now, and I stay away from those type things, anyway. I like to make my own way in this world, which gives me great satisfaction. I'll be writing articles for different websites, which is pretty good pay if you find the right sites, but first and foremost, my goal is to help the public with various problems, as I've done in the past on my own. I've always loved research...that's my heart!
chuckMac99

Post by chuckMac99 »

I am emailing you for my mother in law who lives in Dearborn Michigan. She recently took over the house after her father passed away in December of 2012 now she is the sole owner of the property and wondering how she is going to be able to afford the taxes. She is on SSI and gets 700 a month and after her bills and such she doesn't have much left. With the assessment for last year the same as this year and the assessment stating the taxes could go up 492 dollars her taxes are going to range just for summer from 1700 to about 2700 which is due in three installments. And there isn't a way to get the money in time. If you could please looking into any programs that would help her I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, property tax assistance is rare. She can challenge the assessment. Another thing to do is some states offer abatement's or exemptions for seniors. So this may reduce their annual property tax bills by a little. All of the programs and abatements we have covered on our site, and we have tons of information on general resources in Michigan. But try looking into challenging the taxes and the abatements. More information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tions.html
Los Dell

Post by Los Dell »

Help, my parents are senior citizens and they need help paying their property taxes. They trusted my brother as a consultant with their life savings, to pay their city, county & water bill, and come to find out he didn't pay their taxes for 3 years and so now they owe back taxes on each and plus they learned that they are broke because my brother spent all of their money. And now they owe water bill over a thousand, taxes combined almost 8000. Please help me to help them.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to the resources we have already note (such as property tax exemptions), they can talk to a local agency on aging center. More information is here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
In general the offices are a wealth if information for senior citizens. No matter their income. So they can learn about local tax assistance programs, they can learn about consultants in their towns, and get other support.
Los Dell wrote:Help, my parents are senior citizens and they need help paying their property taxes.