Property Taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:44 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Chrisann » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm a single mother of a 17-year-old son. Property taxes are delinquent soon to be foreclosed. The father pays no child support. He is on SSI.
I don't understand the rules why. I have applied for SSI for my son. He has been ADHD, OCD anxiety, and depression since he's been in second grade and his school he has a 504 plan prior and IEP. Circumstances do 2 quarts carrying on for close to five years to put me in the situation.
We receive food assistance and Medicaid, nothing else. I'm not sure if I'm going to the right places. I'm 61 years old. I have cost out of my son from abusive situation. I extremely worried about losing the house that my father left for my son and I because of $18,000 in taxes. I'm able now to support the house like to go and pay the previous is not possible without alone and my credit is bad due to court so I'm in a catch 22. Please give me any advice to help.

Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:48 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Colleen » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Not sure where to start...My property taxes are behind & I'm not sure how to catch them up. My house is falling apart around me. Not sure if I'm classified as a senior but I suppose so. I'm 62.
For the past ten years I have care for my mother with the past two years of her life on a constant level in order to keep her safe for various health reasons. My mother passed February 4, 2017. With her passing our income went with her, seems there are no resources available once she passed for a full time caregiver, or I'm not aware of any. I did contact the office of the aged, but was told to go to social services. But they will put a lien on my home (which isn't a fix).
I was unable to work outside my home, nor have time to run my online/home business. I was a full time caregiver to my mother & my 5 year old nephew since he was 5 months old that I have custody of.
I have been forced into early retirement which doesn't come in until the middle of next month and even with that no matter how I try to reconfigure the bills as well as property taxes there simply isn't enough to cover expenses. I don't know what to do or where to turn my property taxes are now two years behind (with high fees added every month).
When I began caring for my mother on a full time basis, I had money in the bank, but living cost, her personal care products, and all other expenses associated with her care seem to override her income. It wasn't until the last 3 months of her life that I received help through her doctor for personal products, but after my bank account was diminished to basic needs. With all of this my good credit crashed, soon I was unable to pay credit card bills, that I'd been using for living expenses. My finances are now a mess. Soon I will be facing property tax foreclosure. I don't know what to do or where to turn for real help & resources. I'm not looking for a handout, I will make not too high monthly payments on a loan to pay my property taxes, but have no idea where to apply knowing I wouldn't be approved. Are there any resources available to me so we don't lose our home? Thank you for your time.

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:28 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Emilie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:05 pm

To Whom:
We need help paying our PSE&G bill, we also need help paying our property taxes. I am disabled and my Husband is 77 and just had a major heart attack. We have a son who is in college and is in the top 1%. We live on disability and Social Security the only luxury we have is cable.
Can you please help us with property taxes?

Post Reply