New Jersey Property Taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
jessiefenne

New Jersey Property Taxes

Post by jessiefenne »

My property tax bill is about $7,000. What can I do to pay my property taxes? I do not want to lose my home. Please email me help.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Contest your taxes

Post by Admin »

While I know property taxes are so high in New Jersey, still contest your property taxes. It is free to do and you can save so much money per year.
karenjim

Re: New Jersey Property Taxes

Post by karenjim »

I am not certain of the different cities but check with your local city hall. My city hall offers hardship programs twice per year. You need to reapply every year, but if you qualify they'll either lower your taxes or give you an exemption from paying them that year. It's worth a try... not like they'll go any higher. And you may just be pleasantly surprised... Check with your city hall soon... Good luck
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: New Jersey Property Taxes

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately taxes (both property and others) are high in New Jersey. There is really no way to get around that...other than moving. So if you want more tips though, try a HUD housing counseling agency in New Jersey. Maybe they can contest them or offer you some other suggestions. Read more information.
jessiefenne wrote:My property tax bill is about $7,000. What can I do to pay my property taxes? I do not want to lose my home. Please email me help.