Property taxes in Georgia

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Kaufmann
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Property taxes in Georgia

Post by Kaufmann »

Good Morning,
I live in the State of Georgia. I owe back taxes on my property in the sum of $8,882.94. The taxes are from 2011-2014. I do have a means of paying it, but the problem is that I can't pay it all at once.
I've called the Tax Assessors office for my State in the hopes of getting on some form of payment plan, but Clayton County in the State of Georgia only allow full payment, one year at a time.
I guess you can say I've been blessed to still have my home after not paying my taxes for 3 years, but I realize I can't continue to wonder each day if time will catch up with me and I end up losing my property.
I was thankful to pay 2010 back in February for $3,219.00, and that actually set me back a bit, so now I'm trying to figure out how I can get on some sort of program to pay it off monthly just to show and prove that I am attempting to pay this debt as opposed to ignoring it.
I would greatly appreciate whatever advice or counseling you could provide to assist me on resolving this issue.
Saint Mark
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Property taxes in Georgia

Post by Saint Mark »

I am from southwestern Georgia and owe property taxes...I am on disability and so is my son (who is 16) he also gets special help at school. Because of multiple surgeries, I can only work minimal hours and disability isn’t enough to even scrape by. I was wondering what assistance is available for property taxes,  as I'm behind on my house payment, property tax, and already have a bank loan and a loan against my life insurance policy!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for your time,