Ohio home is for sale due to property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Poil
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Ohio home is for sale due to property taxes

Post by Poil »

I live in Williamsburg Ohio. My husband was on disability and was the only income we had. He got sick in 2010 and passed away in 2012. We got behind on our property taxes in 2010 because of doctor bills. Since then my sister lost her home and had to move in with me. She is on disability and can barely keep up the bills. I am fighting disability due to a back injury. We received a notice that because of the back taxes the lean on my house will be bought. It will be put on a list for a sale May 7, 2016. The only way I can prevent this is to pay off the back taxes. I do not have any credit and cannot get a loan. If I lose my house I have nowhere to go. I don't know what to do.
Underwood
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Ohio home is for sale due to property taxes

Post by Underwood »

Hi, I am Beth and I used to be a nurse practitioner in Ohio earning 90,000 a year and living the good life. I have now been humbled greatly. I am behind in paying my property taxes in Ohio and my home will be sold by the county. My long term disability policy was just cut-off, which I will appeal and I am currently waiting on an appeal of a social security claim. I was approved for food stamps but property tax aid is a 45 day way and they might not approve me because I have a car that is going to get repossessed any day now. I can’t afford the payment or insurance. Beth