Sale to repay tax deed

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Cman15
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Sale to repay tax deed

Post by Cman15 »

On January 13th of 2016 our home is scheduled for a tax deed sale. We owe $5928.14 in real estate tax. I have a hearing next Friday in front of a judge for a disability case that has been pending for over 2 years. Please help if you can. All my money is going, to medical bills and doctors because I have no medical insurance.
Oneistheonly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Sale to repay tax deed

Post by Oneistheonly »

Hi, my name is Nancy and I am a single mom of two boys and I just made the step to buy my first home for my kids and me. My boys are very happy with their new home. Unfortunately, my property taxes were assessed recently and they are more than expected and what I was told before closing. I lived in a townhome in Summit, IL and I was estimated to expect my property taxes to be 3500 to 4500 for the year.
Well that was not the case my taxes came to be about $8,000 and now I am looking really hard to pay. My lender pay them already and I owe them but I cannot make the payments and I do not want them to sell my house on me. I need help and assistance well I figured it out on how to appeal or adjust them. I contact my realtor, closing lawyer and my lender company and no help or answer. I really don't want to lose my home or get bad credit when I am just starting a life with my kids. Please any information I can get or if I can be referring for assistance with the taxes on my deed.