Resources for property taxes for seniors

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Putin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources for property taxes for seniors

Post by Putin »

I would like to know whether there is assistance state, local, or even Federal for the state of Virginia for Real Estate Taxes. I am not quite a senior citizen yet. I am 57. I was laid off around year 2000, and did some teaching but not able to stay on with teaching. So now I substitute teacher which does not sustain me. My father was helping, but he has now passed away this past May. My income is fairly low. Is there any assistance with low income for property real estate taxes, or even with paying other bills such as utilities, etc.?
John Smith

Re: Resources for property taxes for seniors

Post by John Smith »

I am 68 years old and my husband is 73 years old. We are going thru so much hardship that is so impossible to deal with, We have two grandchildren that we raise since baby. One is 2 weeks old the other 1 year. They are now 10 and 13 years old, I also have my young son that lives with me he is not the father of my two grandsons.
My son is disabled and cannot work, the mother of my grandson is forbidden to see the kids. Me and my husband are all they have, I am also very ill as I have cancer, c.o.p.d and have to be on oxygen 24 hours. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, phibromalagia and more. My husband is okay but maybe some old age pains. Our Income for both of us is social security but it’s not much for 5 people. My Problem is that we owed taxes and water and we cannot pay them.
I called Star tax and they said that I did not needed to pay this tax and have to call them 4/16, I also owed city taxes about 2.263.00 and water 3,286.48 for just one year. We are old people who cannot work anymore there must be some way that they could help us, if not they the town wants our home is a very nice small house we don't owe any money on it and it is all we have
Please is there any way a program that could help us? I was told that we could qualify for no school taxes which we got. But the city taxes I still owe money on. What they do in my town is that they sell the taxes to whoever pays then and then that person puts a lean in my home and if in one year I do not pay the buyer Including 65% of the money that the paid, He will take our home.
I don't think this is right but that is why I would like to know what other programs are out there, I have heard that city taxes could be exempt for the elderly with low income and that are sick and have 2 kids and a disable son. PLEASE HELP US.
Mendez

Post by Mendez »

I'm a single senior mother of 17-year-old grandson I am caring for. My property taxes are delinquent soon to be foreclosed. My father pays no child support as he is on SSI. I don't understand the rules why, I have applied for SSI for my son. He has been ADHD, OCD, anxiety and depression since he's been in second grade and his school.
He has a 504 plan prior and IEP, circumstances do 2 quarts carrying on for close to five years to put me in the situation. We receive food assistance and Medicaid and nothing else. I'm not sure if I'm going to the right places for property tax help for the elderly. I'm 61 years old I have cosseting out of my son from abusive situation extremely worried about losing the house that my father left for my son and I because of $18,000 in taxes. I'm able now to support the house. But like to go and pay the previous is not possible without alone and my credit is bad due to court so I'm in a catch 22. Please give me any advice to help.
Terence

Post by Terence »

Hi, My name is Carol. I am a 62 year old ingle woman. I am seeking help with my delinquent property taxes. I owe a 1979 mobile home and because of my disabilities I am unable to work. I had to apply for earlier social security retirement. Due to the long processing time of disability, 9-13 months.
My retirement check is $ 344.00 a month it barely pays my bills.
The Maricopa County treasure has sent me a final notice to pay my past due amount of $185.82 or they are going to auction my home in order to get the money they say I owe.
My home is paid for there is no mortgage. I do not own the land it sits on. I pay a month rental for the land.
I live alone with my 3 rescued cats and one rescued dog.
I am looking at possible hip and back surgery. which is common for seniors but will hurt my property tax savings even more.
I am terrified of loosing my home so I need property tax assistance. And ending up on the street with my animals.
If you can guide me in the right direction to find help saving my home. It would be greatly appreciated.
I have documents to prove what I am claiming is true.
Thank you so much for your time.