We can't afford house taxes as we are indigent

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Kimmel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We can't afford house taxes as we are indigent

Post by Kimmel »

To Whom It May Concern:
My husband and I own lots in Cadillac Michigan and we are delinquent $409.62 if not paid by December 31, 2014 they will foreclose. We are indigent, My husband receives 245.07 a month for retirement, we have $5.00 in our checking/savings account, our current tax return shows we had no income and we receive a $347 food card from public assistance each month. We fell delinquent battling Legal issues for the years 2012 to 2014.
If we get assistance to come current. We will be able to pay Summer Tax of $88.17 and Winter Tax of 27.08 yearly with our retirement income.
I have been praying for some assistance so that we do not forfeit and go into foreclosure if taxes aren’t paid by December 31, 2014.
I look forward to a prompt response.
Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: We can't afford house taxes as we are indigent

Post by Admin »

Michigan does have an emergency relief program known as SER. It can pay some of property taxes (if you are approved for SER). Good for you in paying down some of the balance on your own...that effort may help in your application process as showing you are taking initiative. But why can't you also get some type of job...you can go back to work. Anyway, try here for Michigan State relief assistance - SER.
Kimmel wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
My husband and I own lots in Cadillac Michigan and we are delinquent $409.62 if not paid by December 31, 2014 they will foreclose. We are indigent, My husband receives 245.07 a month for retirement, we have $5.00 in our checking/savings account, our current tax return shows we had no income and we receive a $347 food card from public assistance each month. We fell delinquent battling Legal issues for the years 2012 to 2014.
If we get assistance to come current. We will be able to pay Summer Tax of $88.17 and Winter Tax of 27.08 yearly with our retirement income.
I have been praying for some assistance so that we do not forfeit and go into foreclosure if taxes aren’t paid by December 31, 2014.
I look forward to a prompt response.
Respectfully,