Any real estate tax help for disabled

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
LonelyPeople
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Any real estate tax help for disabled

Post by LonelyPeople »

Hello,
I am a single mother and am struggling financially, among other ways as well. While this season is supposed to be all about celebration and family, unfortunately mine will not be. I am on disability and despite the small amount of work I can do, its still not enough. I struggle with bi-polar disorder and do not have the money for my medications coming up for refill. I also do not have the money to see a psychiatrist to get evaluated and written more scripts. I am rarely getting child support from my son's father and am having to pay for daycare all on my own.

My main concern right now is how I am going to be able to pay my property taxes. This is not a bill I can afford to push off since if I don't make the first payment, then when the second payment is due, it will be due in full. Although I know this would be difficult to find assistance for. I have no clue how I am going to have a holiday dinner or even be able to give my son Christmas.
If you are able to take the time out of what I know is a very busy day, please I desperately need assistance and resources to help me and my son cope during this difficult time.
Please help me or point me in the direction of someone who can. I'm begging.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I appreciate all you do.
RescueDogger

Re: Any real estate tax help for disabled

Post by RescueDogger »

I am a single disabled 49 year old whom receives a mere $930 a month. My homeowners taxes are between 1500-1800 a year and I have been unable to save $150.00 a month needed to pay my taxes so they charged me about 30% late fee. Suddenly 1,500 was then 2,100-2,300. So they got me in a catch 22/22. I can't pay what they want so they make it even more unattainable.
For the last 4 years I have been writing letters to every agency I can find and have been told over and over there is no help for my situation. If I don't get enough to start a payment plan by this June they will repossess my house I worked so hard to completely pay off before my disability became permanent. I am back in school now so I can start an in home accounting business, but if I am unable to find assistance I will not have a home to work out of. When I lose my home ironically they will have to pay my rent. 2 1/2 months of rent would cover all my taxes.
I am not looking for someone to bail me out. I am just hoping for some assistance reaching the 2,000 Stanislaus County is making me pay before I can set up a payment plan. They pinned me between a rock and a hard place. If I had 2,000 I would have paid rent. I have been able to save a little over $1,000, god willing, I'll have no emergencies and have to spend it. Any amount I could be assisted with would help. I have lived in my home for 24 years and cannot fathom losing it because I was unable to come up with that extra $500 a year. That used to be a couples days’ work, now it’s more than I get every two weeks. Please let me know if you have any names of agencies I can contact to assist me get the tax issue under control.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you taxes are unpaid, then your options are limited. There is nothing focused on the disabled either. Also if you can't save the $150 per month, then try a process in which your taxes are combined with insurance, monthly payment, and other fees all in one lump sum. This often makes it a little easier on the budget, and if your is $930 a month that is low. So you also need another job and/or to increase your income. So here are resources for delinquent property taxes. Some may apply to Stanislaus County as well.
RescueDogger wrote:I am a single disabled 49 year old whom receives a mere $930 a month. My homeowners taxes are between 1500-1800 a year and I have been unable to save $150.00 a month needed to pay my taxes so they charged me about 30% late fee. Suddenly 1,500 was then 2,100-2,300. So they got me in a catch 22/22. I can't pay what they want so they make it even more unattainable. I am just hoping for some assistance reaching the 2,000 Stanislaus County is making me pay before I can set up a payment plan. They pinned me between a rock and a hard place. If I had 2,000 I would have paid rent. I have been able to save a little over $1,000, god willing, I'll have no emergencies and have to spend it. Any amount I could be assisted with would help. I have lived in my home for 24 years and cannot fathom losing it because I was unable to come up with that extra $500 a year. That used to be a couples days’ work, now it’s more than I get every two weeks. Please let me know if you have any names of agencies I can contact to assist me get the tax issue under control.
Thee Ripper

Post by Thee Ripper »

Thank you for your time in listening to me and hopefully finding me the help that I need.
Since 2006 I have been plagued by many heart procedures, heart disease, depression, anxiety, just all in all bad health.
During the last four years I have lost everything. I have gone without heat, running water, electric, and often go hungry, but I have managed to keep my home.
I fought for 4 years to get disability and finally got it in December.
I finally got electricity and running water. I still have no heat source but that is not my concern right now.
During those four years I was unable to pay my property taxes on my home which I worked hard most of my life to pay for, and now face losing due to back taxes.
3 years ago I sold my vehicle to keep my home off of the tax sale list.
2 years ago I sold my old boat to do the same.
Last year I made pay arrangements to keep it off of the list.
during those years I searched and searched for resources to help but found none.
No one out there is willing to help people like myself fighting to keep my home from being sold right out from under me.
When I begged for help from my treasurers office I was told ( quote ) welcome to America, ,where its pay your taxes or lose your home (un-quote) .
Is this really what America has fallen to ..?? Pay your property taxes or go homeless??
is there no help out there for disabled people struggling to survive?
I was told that I have to have the entire balance due by October 4th or lose my home, no exceptions...
The total I owe is $ 2,884.15. I am on a fixed income making 1,032.00 a month and with the payments I make to the Madison county treasurer each month I still go hungry quite often but I continue to pay, even though I was told that paying my payments wont save my home unless I give the county the total in full by the date given ( October 4th).
I have gone through so much health wise and poverty wise, surviving the elements, facing starvation. I’ve lost my family, my vehicle, my savings, but until now I have been able to at least keep a roof over my head ,but now the county is threatening to take it as well. This is B.S. and should be illegal to do. Ddo I not have rights ????
I am pleading to you ---is there any way to help save my home? Is there funds available to help me? Are there organizations to help save disabled peoples homes who have hit hard times?
If we the people cant turn to our elected officials for help there is surely no help for us Americans.
I don’t have any problem with continuing to pay my taxes monthly until it is paid in full, but the county government will not work with me in any way ---its pay by the date or lose your home --that’s it, no remorse, no extension, no help what so ever.
Really, is this is legal to do ? --I was informed that I should just face it. Americans can work their entire life to own a property but in reality they don’t own it. If the taxes aren’t paid the county can sell your property out from under you for what back taxes are owed and put you on the street --this also was told to me by a government official in the Madison county court house!
Thank you in advance for your time and any help that you might offer.
Nurtaslim

Post by Nurtaslim »

What assistance is available to someone who lives in Brown County/Green Bay WI and is unable to pay their real estate property tax bill? Also, is there any assistance with public service, water bills, and/or credit card debt for someone who does not have an income and has been denied SSI-Disability?