House foreclosing because taxes are unpaid

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Grandstrand
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

House foreclosing because taxes are unpaid

Post by Grandstrand »

To whom it may concern:
My husband is on SSD. For the past 8 months we saved our money to get our home out of REM. We paid 1,800.00. We thought everything was paid. We got a letter in the mail on 4/1/2014 stating we needed to pay 285.00 for county tax. We were SO confused. We called the number on the paper and the lady explained we paid our city taxes, user fee, sewer and garbage. This is county taxes. And it has to be paid by 4.22.2013. We have 20.00 in our pocket and we have no way to pay this. The lady explained that its 4 years we haven't paid and the total is 501.42. But we only need 285.00 or our house will be foreclosed on. I don't know what to do. We've asked ever one we know if they had money we can borrow, and no one has any. Is there anyone that can help?
Rose
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: House foreclosing because taxes are unpaid

Post by Rose »

I am in foreclose on my land taxes for 2011, 2012, 2013. Well the foreclosure is for 2011 right now in the amount of $1092.89 and they said it will raise daily. I am disabled and living on a very limited income. I went to Department of human services yesterday and they are not going to help me because the total amount all together for the 3 years is over $2000.00. I don't know what to do, if I can get help paying for 2011 and 2012, I think I can catch up 2013 by paying so much each month out of my SSI checks. Please help me I don't want to lose my home. I have no place else to go. Thank you for your time.