Home being auctioned because of unpaid taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
TracieT
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home being auctioned because of unpaid taxes

Post by TracieT »

Hello, I live in Florida. I have learn this last weekend from a friend that my house was listed for auction. The county plans to auction the house on April 18, 2014.
Here is the info on the home. I inherited the home from my dad. Who has past away in 2009.We had put the house together on the property it sits on in 2002. It is a manufactured home. First we bought the property. And then the home from a dealer in Miami Dade County the land and home are two separate parcels. Both the property and the home are paid for in full. And the house is on the auction block. I love the home. When you look at it you can tell I am proud to have it.
However, I have been behind in my county taxes to no fault but my own. And this year has been tough since I lost my job.
What I would like to know. Is this program something I should look into. Will it help me resolve this issue with Dade County. Somehow help me keep this home. The thought of throwing away my folks money they worked hard for is sicking to me.
The guidelines for the county are the law. But doesn't seem balanced in my eyes. If you could provide some advice in this matter. I would be appreciated.
I thank you for your time. If there is any other information I could provide. I would be more than happy to.
Thanks,
hottie

Re: Home being auctioned because of unpaid taxes

Post by hottie »

I am a 62 year old disabled woman and married to a 59 year old disabled veteran. Between the two of us our combine income is less than $1,600 a month. We are behind on our property taxes and they want to auction my paid for property by the 30th of June.
I have lived in this property for 59 years. Please, please help us. We are thanking you in advance as we have nowhere to go.
Rufina Gonzalez

Post by Rufina Gonzalez »

Hi. I need help for my family. Our taxes are over due thanks to a glitch years ago in the changing of the property from two separate parcels to one. It was never combined and now property number 2 has a tax deed that has been sold. If we do not pay $5520 by October 21st, then the property will be sold at auction on October 22. We LIVE on this property!
We are already on public assistance and are desperate for help. My husband is a veteran, and served in several overseas deployments. If you know of any veteran programs that can help, PLEASE point me in the right direction!!
Passenger1

Post by Passenger1 »

My Name is Ramonita. I'm  receiving SNAP and GA and Social Services in New Jersey and Bergen County area they have denied me for temporary property tax assistance. I am disabled pending disability and now about to have my home auctioned off. I only get $277 in cash and $194 in food stamps.
I only got temporary tax assistance for them like 8 years ago for one year only for some reason they keep telling me I'm not eligible anymore to receive any more housing help. I'm in need of help because I'm about to be homeless if my house is auctioned because of unpaid taxes. I'm going from place to place and I am currently walk with a walker. I have to  have nerve damage within my body with the  fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and I now have COPD also so it's a lot going on and I cannot get any help from Social Service besides just the cash and a little bit of food stamps. Please help.