Need help and info before we are kicked out because of taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
LoosinIt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need help and info before we are kicked out because of taxes

Post by LoosinIt »

I pray someone will have the answer to our problem. Since the economy went downward the company my husband works for quit giving the bonuses to the workers. Problem is they were the part of his pay we relied on to pay our property taxes, home insurance and Christmas. Long story short our taxes have been bought and if we don't redeem one of them for a little more than 2,700.00 by Feburary 6, 2013 we will loose our home of 16 yrs. Then we have another 1,700.00 to come up with for May 10, 2013 or we will loose it then if we are able to miraculously get Feburary's paid. We have knowone to go to for help. We are behind in EVERYTHING because his wages were garnished in Nov. And before and since we've had so many unexpected expensive things happen financially to us. He hit a deer and caused several thousands in damage, our freezer went out right after I had stocked it full so we had to go get another one or loose everything I just bought. It goes on my point is we are in a SERIOUS BIND I've listed my Suburban on Craigslist to try to sell it to help but knowone is buying. I told him I would take my grandmothers wedding ring to pawn it and my mothers but he wont let me he said they will not give me much for them. Ive been trying to get a job for months but having not worked the last 19 yrs they just look at me. I'm desperate as we have 4 kids we live VERY modest and thrifty/frugal lives already with nothing I can cut from the budget because we do NOTHING extra except subscribe to Netflix for 8.00 a month because we have no cable and we quit renting movies. We live in S. IL if that helps to give me info.

We are also now being threatened with foreclosures because we are almost 4 months behind as well as our homeowners ins premium lapsed in Dec and to reinstate it they want a full year payment because last time I paid a whole year so the only way to reinstate it since it lapsed is to pay the whole year which is 1200.00. I just feel like we are done for if a miracle doesn't happen..

8.00 a month.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help and info before we are kicked out because of t

Post by Admin »

Property tax help is not common. You can look into payment plans with your assessor, deferments, and of course challenge your assessment. But all those take time. In your situation you may want to call a non-profit HUD certified housing counselor. They may have some foreclosure prevention services for you. Also, some of our information on property taxes is here as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... erty_.html
LoosinIt wrote:I pray someone will have the answer to our problem. Since the economy went downward the company my husband works for quit giving the bonuses to the workers. Problem is they were the part of his pay we relied on to pay our property taxes, home insurance and Christmas. Long story short our taxes have been bought and if we don't redeem one of them for a little more than 2,700.00 by Feburary 6, 2013 we will loose our home of 16 yrs. Then we have another 1,700.00 to come up with for May 10, 2013 or we will loose it then if we are able to miraculously get Feburary's paid. We have knowone to go to for help. We are behind in EVERYTHING because his wages were garnished in Nov. And before and since we've had so many unexpected expensive things happen financially to us. He hit a deer and caused several thousands in damage, our freezer went out right after I had stocked it full so we had to go get another one or loose everything I just bought. It goes on my point is we are in a SERIOUS BIND I've listed my Suburban on Craigslist to try to sell it to help but knowone is buying. I told him I would take my grandmothers wedding ring to pawn it and my mothers but he wont let me he said they will not give me much for them. Ive been trying to get a job for months but having not worked the last 19 yrs they just look at me. I'm desperate as we have 4 kids we live VERY modest and thrifty/frugal lives already with nothing I can cut from the budget because we do NOTHING extra except subscribe to Netflix for 8.00 a month because we have no cable and we quit renting movies. We live in S. IL if that helps to give me info.

We are also now being threatened with foreclosures because we are almost 4 months behind as well as our homeowners ins premium lapsed in Dec and to reinstate it they want a full year payment because last time I paid a whole year so the only way to reinstate it since it lapsed is to pay the whole year which is 1200.00. I just feel like we are done for if a miracle doesn't happen..

8.00 a month.
Jane Mary

Post by Jane Mary »

Need help with my property taxes. They are $700 and the kids and I got the property throw child support. But it means a lot to me because it’s my boys and it be something for them when they get old enough. I’m a single mom and been struggling now for a while. I can’t get Christmas for them. I just wish I had help to we do not lose our home. My boy’s ages are 13 & 16. I JUST WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM HAVE ONE CHRISTMAS THAT THEY WOULD REMEMBER.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As we always say, property tax help is very rare. But $700 is not much in Maryland. But Christmas should be the last thing on your mind....every single dollar should go to your tax bill or you may be homeless. There are some options in Maryland (in addition to calling the assessor), so click here Maryland HUD counseling agencies. Often they have suggestions on real estate needs, including taxes.
Jane Mary wrote:Need help with my property taxes. They are $700 and the kids and I got the property throw child support.
Newday

Re: Need help and info before we are kicked out because of taxes

Post by Newday »

Hello.  I have a friend that is behind in his homeowner’s insurance and taxes and my get kicked out.  He also has no a/c in his home which really needs to be replaced. I have a contractor that can give us a good deal on a used model.   His name is David and his has Dementia according to the VA clinic.  He did not have active military service so the only thing the VA can do is help with medical.  I have started a GoFundMe account in order to help him.  He has no immediate family and if I can't get the funds to help him he will be homeless.  We have until the end of October to raise $15,000.00 for the taxes and homeowner insurance.  I have gotten a couple of checks from friends so have a better start than you see on GoFundMe but I'm nowhere close to the total.  If I can raise the funds, I can catch him up to keep him in his home and then help him stay on the right track.  He only gets Social Security of $942/month; that's it.  He has no other assets.  The house has a reverse mortgage and there is no money to pull out of it.  I am desperate and need help to help him.