Help with paying property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
jenneifermegan

Help with paying property taxes

Post by jenneifermegan »

How is it that property taxes on my home can go up over 10%, even though I think the price of my home and sales prices in my neighborhood are plummeting? I think I need to sue the assessor and county government. Is that an option for me?
Conan12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with paying property taxes

Post by Conan12 »

I am indigent and struggling to pay my taxes on my land in Fort Worth Texas. I need so much help in paying for utilities and food, and also need medical assistance. I don't have a car, nn auto. Only an ID to identify who I am. I do not work and am filing for disability but needing documentation from doctors stating I am not capable of working. I work my skills of embroidery and crochet out of my home to make whatever sales I can online with the dial up internet to try to survive. I need help. Please contact me. God Bless
Southwest

Post by Southwest »

To whom it may concern, I went through a divorce last year and as a stay at home wife and mother found myself on my own without work. I do draw alimony and child support which of course does not cover all my bills. I'm still looking for a job but also trying to take care of my children. My property taxes are past due and my question is... is there any kind of help I can get to pay for it. If anyone can answer this for me I greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is not too much you can do with taxes you now owe, but you can look into the exemption process in Texas. But it also sounds like you need much more. For example, if you are struggling with food and to even feed your family, that needs to take priority over taxes. That being said, here is information on the exemption process if you really want that to be your focus now. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tions.html
Alyssia

Post by Alyssia »

I am a senior in Rock Hill, S.C. I am on Social Security and my whole check is going to pay off bills and credit debt that I amassed before I retired. My property tax is due before September 1 for they will put my house on the market. I already received Notice of Intent. Is there a program that can help, me?