Owe property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Jackson 1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Owe property taxes

Post by Jackson 1 »

Good morning, I live in Racine, Wisconsin. I am 54 60 years old, on SSD, widow 4 almost 20 yrs (w/in 3 yrs of purchasing home). Owe approximately $20,000 back property tax, had agreement with former treasurer, paid accordingly (90% of time), & received letter before she retired saying agreement would continue. I Met with new Treasurer last year who stated amount of monthly agreement not enough after all & November, foreclosure was started. She has been very kind during these past months. Paid mortgage off recently & planned 2 add that amount ($280) to tax payment each month, however w/int & penalties, that amount just isn't enough. SSD check is 1270.00. With no husband or family to help,home in need of much, roof, tuck pointing, windows don't shut properly, etc. Any suggestions &/or referrals so as 2 not lose my home that you are able to share w/me will be greatly appreciated. (bank won't help-bad credit) I apologize regarding form of email...using cell, no computer yet. Thank you,
Charleze

Re: Owe property taxes

Post by Charleze »

Hello,
I was just requesting some information on where to go for help with paying property taxes in California. Every July I struggle with this. I have had my property value lowered but it didn't help much with regard to lowering my taxes. I can normally pay my taxes in January because I use my government refund from my taxes for this purpose. I can't budget because I do not have a spare dime to my name. I live paycheck to paycheck and am always falling short. I am not married and only have my income to rely on. Any ideas or information you might be able to give me would be appreciated. I have tried the United Way and local non-profit agencies without much luck. I am not over 62 and therefore don't qualify for housing exemptions. There just doesn't seem to be much help in the community for assistance paying property taxes. I always get a red letter telling me they will foreclose on my house in ninety days if I don't make good on my bill. Sorry for rambling. Thank you again.
Suzzyo

Post by Suzzyo »

Back taxes I have it all. I am 100% disabled
and owe more than money I have. Please
HELP me to get a Property Tax Abatement in
place for all the known and still yet unknown
Back taxes. All the back taxes due today July 31, 2014 2014.
Please do not call until you send an email and make
a time you will call ok.
P.S. for all concerned thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if all of the property taxes are due right now, an abatement definitely will not work. You waited way too long to ask for help. It can takes weeks or longer to apply for an abatement or some other form of real estate tax relief. So you may want to talk to the government to see if they can give you more time. Or you more than likely will be foreclosed on. It just depends on how much notice your town needs to give. But still start the process in seeking property tax help, as we guess it is never too late to try.
Suzzyo wrote:Back taxes I have it all. I am 100% disabled
and owe more than money I have. Please
HELP me to get a Property Tax Abatement in
place for all the known and still yet unknown
Back taxes. All the back taxes due today July 31, 2014 2014.
Please do not call until you send an email and make
a time you will call ok.
P.S. for all concerned thank you for your time.
JAA

Post by JAA »

Yes, I am needing help with property taxes and owe a bunch of cash. I got 2015, paid 2016 and now I need 2018 need paid. I have a mortgage with ditech is there any outside resources
to help. I'm in risk of losing my hard earned home as still paying my husband
is deceased veteran and the man I'm with is critically I'll and have no
means or resources to help.
Please help me. I lost my husband and probably
losing the man I'm with cancer and I can't lose my home. I'm at my end
trying on the brink of losing everything I own and worked so hard. I am ready to
give up and pack and be homeless. I'm very critically sick bipolar,
depression type 2 diabetes, fibromyalgia, neuropathy and have irregular heart
Rhythm stomach issues. The Dr said I'm at a very high risk for heart attack on
Stress test echo cardiogram.
I just can't take it need help. Someone please
Help me pay the property taxes I owe. I've done lost everything I love and I have been in stress centers
12 times going to lose my soulmate and home. I'm very wholeheartedly reaching out
for some kind of help.
You have 174 dollars left. I get a widow pension and
social security benefits. I am a woman on wits end I just 1128$ a month
Mortgage, 450 electric, 150 water, 70 gas, 146 No food stamp. I’m
Praying god will send an angel to watch me while I'm on streets. Please
reply with anything helpful to me and my god bless the willing to reach
out and ask for help. Thank you and god bless all the ones that sincerely
needing help.
Rella

Post by Rella »

My family and I need help paying our property taxes that we owe on. My husband was just fired from his job. I get disability but as of now have no money to pay this bill. We have 2 children - a 17 year old daughter and a 16 year old autistic son. The amount is $352 a month and is due December 23. At the moment we currently have no funds to pay this. We are on a payment plan each month and if we don't pay we can lose our home and go to auction. I really need help. I also applied for food stamps, cash assistance for my family. I'm located in Herminie, PA 15637. Thank you.