help with property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
justnanous
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with property taxes

Post by justnanous »

I am medically disabled.own my own home,in N.H.My property taxes are escrolled into mortgage.
Property taxes have gone up $100.00 a month,as of 2012.I can't afford to pay the mortgage now
due to the taxes.I need help to pay them
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with property taxes

Post by Admin »

With all those requests you have made, you really should spend time on the main site of need help paying bills. The link is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/index.html
We have thousands of charities, agencies, and non-profit programs listed. Focus in particular on the left side navigation bars. Spend some time on the site. We do have a property tax section too.
justnanous wrote:I am medically disabled.own my own home,in N.H.My property taxes are escrolled into mortgage.
Property taxes have gone up $100.00 a month,as of 2012.I can't afford to pay the mortgage now
due to the taxes.I need help to pay them
Mike and Mike

Post by Mike and Mike »

Thank you for your time in listening to me and hopefully finding me the help that I need. Since 2009 I have been plagued by many heart procedures, heart disease, depression, anxiety, just all in all bad health. During the last four years I have lost everything. I have gone without heat, running water, electric, and often go hungry, but I have managed to keep my home.

I fought for 4 years to get disability and finally got it in December. I finally got electricity and running water. I still have no heat source but that is not my concern right now. During those four years I was unable to pay my property taxes on my home which I worked hard most of my life to pay for and now face losing due to back taxes.
3 years ago I sold my vehicle to keep my home off of the tax sale list. 2 years ago I sold my old boat to do the same. Last year I made pay arrangements to keep it off of the list.

During those years I searched and searched for resources to help but found none. No one out there is willing to help people like myself fighting to keep my home from being sold right out from under me. When I begged for help from my treasurers office I was told ( quote ) welcome to America, where its pay your taxes or lose your home (un-quote).

Is this really what America has fallen to ..?? pay your property taxes or go homeless?? Is there no help out there for disabled people struggling to survive?
I was told that I have to have the entire balance due by December 4th or lose my home, no exceptions.
The total I owe is $ 2,884.15. I am on a fixed income making 1,032.00 a month and with the payments I make to the Madison county treasurer each month I still go hungry quite often but I continue to pay, even though I was told that paying my payments wont save my home unless I give the county the total in full by the date given ( December -4th). I have gone through so much health wise and poverty wise, surviving the elements,facing starvation, I’ve lost my family, my vehicle, my savings, but until now I have been able to at least keep a roof over my head. But now the county is threatening to take it as well. This is B.S. and should be illegal to do. Do I not have rights ????
I am pleading to you --is there any way to help save my home? Is there funds available to help me? Are there organizations to help save disabled peoples homes who have hit hard times?
If we the people cant turn to our elected officials for help there is surely no help for us Americans. I don’t have any problem with continuing to pay my taxes monthly until it is paid in full, but the county government will not work with me in any way ---its pay by the date or lose your home. That’s it, no remorse, no extension, no help what so ever. Really, this is legal to do? I was informed that I should just face it. Americans can work their entire life to own a property but in reality they don’t own it, if the taxes aren't paid the county can sell your property out from under you for what back taxes are owed and put you on the street. This also was told to me by a government official in the Madison county court house!
Thank you in advance for your time and any help that you might offer.
Uline One

Post by Uline One »

I am disabled and I fell behind on my property taxes, and so although I own my home outright, I don't have a mortgage. It is going to be auctioned at tax auction. I've already tried speaking with my county tax office and they could only offer their payment plan, which I attempted, however, I wasn't able to afford the payment plan either. Now, its down to the wire and my home is going to be auctioned if I don't find some help in next few days.