Behind on property taxes as lost job

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Johnsonss
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Behind on property taxes as lost job

Post by Johnsonss »

I had lost my job in 2008 and was not able to pay my property taxes. I had spoke to the tax office and told them my situation to see if there was any way that I could a payment plan with them and they told me no. So my house was put on auctions. I have been trying to find place that would help me get back my house but everywhere that I looked only helped people with mortgage. I don't want to loss my house and I do not know what to do. Can you please help me. I am a single parent with 3 kids.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Behind on property taxes as lost job

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can lose a home to foreclosure if you do not pay your taxes. Usually an assessor will allow payment plans, so something doesn't sound right there. How far behind on the taxes are you. Read about various tax programs and options, including installments, challenge assessments, and more. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/how ... erty_.html
Also call your local community action agency.
Johnsonss wrote:I had lost my job in 2008 and was not able to pay my property taxes. I had spoke to the tax office and told them my situation to see if there was any way that I could a payment plan with them and they told me no. So my house was put on auctions. I have been trying to find place that would help me get back my house but everywhere that I looked only helped people with mortgage. I don't want to loss my house and I do not know what to do. Can you please help me. I am a single parent with 3 kids.
Kacky

Post by Kacky »

I have been disabled since 2003. For three years I raised my three daughters’ with little to no help from my ex husband. This is the same man that tried to beat me. Then I meet the man of my dreams and everything was going great until I started to remember what I buried for years. From 1995 until 2001 I was raising my girls on my own this is when I meet the man of my dreams. He stepped in as dad for the girls and treats them like his own. We put them thru college and are still paying. Because we had little to no help from him. I just slowly start to shut down because in my past My family would say your not worth it and you mess everything up, because everyone in my family didn't care I did care what happen to me. This is one of the reasons why we are in money problems because I just didn't care, what happened to me. For years I just dealt with it until I couldn't any more. I really care what happened now but it my be to late and now I am under doctors care. I suffer from PTSD and severe depression. I know with their help I am worth it. They also helped me thru the death of my Mom in 2010. But now we are going to lose our house if $16,500 isn't paid by October 28 our house will go out to auction on November 15th. for back taxes. I have let my family down and now if we lose the house I don’t know how my mental health is going to take it. PLEASE can you help. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In some cases a HUD counseling agency can provide advice on property taxes. They can also help you find a job in Oklahoma as well. But you should know that getting financial help for real estate taxes is very, very rare. Probably the best thing to do is to ask your local assessor for some type of payment plan to take care of any balance on your account.
Also, look into any state programs for those with a disability, and those are sometimes an option. Read more Oklahoma HUD counseling.