California property tax help

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
hkinder38

California property tax help

Post by hkinder38 »

in Los Angelse California where can I get property tax help and assistance? My assessment is just way too high, and the government I think is ripping me off. I do not want to lose my home. I love living in Califnornia but it is so expensive, and taxes so high.
Duketheguy

Re: California property tax help

Post by Duketheguy »

What I've been told is the property values have gone way down but they still figure it at the old assessment. I was told to get my property re-assessed & it should be lowered. Good luck
allisongeward

Post by allisongeward »

Duke, did this work for you? how difficult was it to get your home reassessed?
Duketheguy

Post by Duketheguy »

No I didn't because I was behind buy once I get everything cleared up I'm definitely going to do it. I hear it's very easy to do, you just go to your town hall & request for them to do so. They're obliged to do so & it is your right,so don't take no for an answer. What I'm told is town hall will be helpful & will re-asses your property. Good luck
shawrah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Post by shawrah »

To whom it may concern:
I live in Los Angeles and I need help with my back taxes so I don't lose my house.....I lose my good job in 2013 and was work a part time job until I found this job. I don't want to lose my house so I need help because they are going to put my house in foreclose if I don't pay my taxes. I'm behind 3 years in back taxes...please tell me what I can do to not lose my house....please help me.
Fritz Tylenda

Post by Fritz Tylenda »

Recently my home property taxes have increased which has caused my monthly mortgage bill to exceed over 50% of my monthly income. I am disabled and found it easier to have my property taxes, mortgage and insurance bundled into one payment to assure that I will not forget these important payments but most importantly to avoid becoming homeless. I am not a veteran but disabled from injuries caused from domestic violence from an estranged relationship that ended in 1994 however the violent abuse continued inside and outside my home often with active restraining orders for many years.
I am interested in participating in any available programs for disabled persons or low income homeowners for help with my property taxes. I have placed a call to a tax exempt program that I understand begins September 2016, however I am interested in any current programs effective to date. Please advise what programs are available and what the requirements are. Also please note that as I continue to become a survivor of domestic violence my mailing address is different than my home address, my mailing address is
Sacramento, CA 90745
I would appreciate any information provided on the help to exempt, substantially decrease or to pay for my home property taxes. My income is $1710/month. I thank and appreciate your time in the expedition of my request.
Schaub

Post by Schaub »

My San Bernardino County property taxes are in default, and the county has put my property on the auction block. They failed to notify me of the penalties of delinquent taxes until they gave me a certified letter telling me about the court order to auction off my property. I am unemployed and my wife is on SSI. To say this is an absolute emergency for me and my disabled wife.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While property tax help is rare, you can call around. First talk to the assessor. After that try a credit counseling agency in California.
But you should have known you were delinquent and owed fees. As you did not pay. So the next step in California is the court can auction it off. But try a counseling agency for advice.
Schaub wrote:My San Bernardino County property taxes are in default, and the county has put my property on the auction block. They failed to notify me of the penalties of delinquent taxes until they gave me a certified letter telling me about the court order to auction off my property. I am unemployed and my wife is on SSI. To say this is an absolute emergency for me and my disabled wife.