Lose home for back property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
cat1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lose home for back property taxes

Post by cat1 »

where can I go to get help to keep from loosing my home. I am 65, medically disabled, and unable to work due to recent surgery and still recovering. I have to have $750 by Fri or loose my home for back taxes. I have looked for loans and grants
but can't afford $60 mo to get them. I can't move, have no where to go, no one to help, no money to move and don't want to loose my parents home of over 35 yrs and over 65 yrs of their lives and everything they had. I am still on a 5# wt limit and
have no transportation since my great nephew totaled my car right after I got out of the hospital in Jan and have been looking for work, loans, grants even after my 2nd hospital stay 3 wks ago. Mom left lots of bills and 2 mtgs which I am trying to
modify so I can manage on my $690 a mo. Am also looking for work I can do from home.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lose home for back property taxes

Post by Admin »

Is it property taxes that you are behind on that may cause you to lose your home? Did you call your assessor, or look into challenging your taxes? Or is it your mortgage? If it is taxes, this may provide you advice. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/how ... erty_.html
If your mortgage, sounds like you may qualify for free counseling from a HUD approved agency. They are non-profits that can offer you foreclosure prevention services and ways how to get help with debts.
cat1 wrote:where can I go to get help to keep from loosing my home. I am 65, medically disabled, and unable to work due to recent surgery and still recovering. I have to have $750 by Fri or loose my home for back taxes. I have looked for loans and grants
but can't afford $60 mo to get them. I can't move, have no where to go, no one to help, no money to move and don't want to loose my parents home of over 35 yrs and over 65 yrs of their lives and everything they had. I am still on a 5# wt limit and
have no transportation since my great nephew totaled my car right after I got out of the hospital in Jan and have been looking for work, loans, grants even after my 2nd hospital stay 3 wks ago. Mom left lots of bills and 2 mtgs which I am trying to
modify so I can manage on my $690 a mo. Am also looking for work I can do from home.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

To whom it may concern: I need help with my 2011 Property Taxes. I was not able to pay them due to a series of medical problems that I went through last year. The worst of them being that I lost my eyesight for 3 months and it really set all of my finances into a backspin. I had so many unexpected expenses due to this problem and at the time my only concern was trying to get my eyesight back. I am really worried, I do not want to lose my home for $1900 taxes owed and I dont know were to turn or where to start. I am on disability and have just been getting by. I cannot lose my home it is all I have, so if you have any information on how I can resolve this I would much appreciate it. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Read about our various property tax programs and services. Also you may want to speak to a HUD certified housing counselor, as sometime they may have advice on property taxes. Find information on all of your resources about property taxes and where you can go for help and advice. Look into challenging an assessment and other tactics. Maybe your assessor will also create some type of tax installment plan for you too, which sounds like may help in your situation. If lost eyesight, maybe the government has some disability programs.

Ricky wrote:To whom it may concern: I need help with my 2011 Property Taxes. I was not able to pay them due to a series of medical problems that I went through last year. The worst of them being that I lost my eyesight for 3 months and it really set all of my finances into a backspin. I had so many unexpected expenses due to this problem and at the time my only concern was trying to get my eyesight back. I am really worried, I do not want to lose my home for $1900 taxes owed and I dont know were to turn or where to start. I am on disability and have just been getting by. I cannot lose my home it is all I have, so if you have any information on how I can resolve this I would much appreciate it. Thank You
Bluecross

Post by Bluecross »

I need resources on help paying my property taxes. I've owned this home for two years, and it was the first home I've ever owned. I’m 32 years old, I have two sons 14 and 10 and I’m always struggling to feed them. I don't get any government assistance, and we live off my twice a month $650 or less pay check.
My light and gas bill is in constant shutoff status. I finally went through something that DTE energy referred me too called SER (state emergency relief) and they paid $600 of $1200 for me which was a blessing.
The other part from my water bill is in constant shut off or sent to taxes at the end of the year and I just need some help. My main priority is I can't loose my house. Its all I have to say. I had nothing to leave on to my boys, so any resources about that or help with that would mean the world to me....
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So states do offer rebates for parents with children. You can call you assessor. But that will really only help in the future, and sadly there is not much you can do about a bill you already have. But anyhow, find the property tax exception services.
Eloquist

Post by Eloquist »

I need assistance to pay my delinquent property taxes due to an assessment for a sewer project that was installed in 2007 the assessment was 7,000 dollars and if I don't pay before October 15th me and my family will be homeless with no place to go. So if you could help with these back property taxes it would be greatly appreciated.