Desperately seeking help with property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
TiffBell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Desperately seeking help with property taxes

Post by TiffBell »

I am a mother of two children and we are facing foreclosure in the upcoming months. We have exhausted all possibilities so far and are looking for help. We owe roughly $6000.00 due to penalties and late fees. PLEASE HELP. My back is against the wall. I live in the state of Michigan and have tried all leads given to me by both state and county. If anyone have any information, please let me know. My future depends on it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Desperately seeking help with property taxes

Post by Admin »

Here is a link that goes through different ways to get help with property taxes, including consultants, appeals, contest them yourself, etc. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... erty_.html You can usually negotiate and/or waive late fees, or enter into some type of property tax payment plan. Also on the main site, if you go to the left margin and state assistance programs, select Michigan and look for info on programs and agencies that can help with your tax issue. You can find programs specific to your county in Michigan.
TiffBell wrote:I am a mother of two children and we are facing foreclosure in the upcoming months. We have exhausted all possibilities so far and are looking for help. We owe roughly $6000.00 due to penalties and late fees. PLEASE HELP. My back is against the wall. I live in the state of Michigan and have tried all leads given to me by both state and county. If anyone have any information, please let me know. My future depends on it.
charlesSch

Post by charlesSch »

I am sending this email to see if my neighbor and his wife can get some urgently needed help to keep from losing their home of 44 years because of back taxes, they owe $1110.00, which the city says has to be paid by the 28th of this month, whatever help is out there, please let me know, so I can relay the message, they have no computer, I am just trying to help. Thanking you in advance!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$1100 is not a lot of money to owe in property taxes for a home they have lived in for 44 years. Can't they even refinance their mortgage, as we would assume they outright own the property. Also, they should ask the tax assessor in Boston for a payment plan, then after that is done, talk to a HUD counseling agency in Massachusetts. Those non-profits focus on housing, property tax, and other financial issues.
charlesSch wrote:I am sending this email to see if my neighbor and his wife can get some urgently needed help to keep from losing their home of 44 years because of back taxes, they owe $1110.00,