need help for property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
alimay7
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help for property taxes

Post by alimay7 »

hello, me and my husband work, we have not paid our property taxes for 2yrs need $6,000 to pay and put it in escrow. The bank said if we do not do anything it will be for forclosure in 2013. The bank also told us they would pay it, but then our mortage including taxes would be $ 682.00 a month we pay right now $348.00. I make $ 6,000.00, my husband makes $ 20,000.00 have 2 kids. We owe in the house $ 47,000.00 for 30yrs. We bought it in 2007. My interest is 6.1, If I take the banks offer to pay, could I right away refinance, and I would only refinance if it drops atleast 2 points. If I take their offer is that putting a lean on my property? We live in East Syracuse, NY. I am looking for another job, and my husband being a teacher is looking for a teacher job, he is a teachers assistant with a masters degree. Cannot find a job in his field for 3yrs. We also owe the IRS, because when I had them done, I did not notice they did not input one of the W2 and so we got money, but not really, because I declared injured spouse, my husband owes $ 45,000.00 in student loans so they took his money and gave us for me $ 1,200 on one and $ 1,000 in another. We got the money and used for bills and were not aware until I went to my school and because of low income I go to school for free, I had to submit my financial aid papers and they noticed. I got it fixed and we ended owing back $ 2,300 which we are on a plan paying $ 50.00 a month. The next tax time if we get any money back that will be paid first. We cannot do $ 682.00 in our current income. My husband owes credit cards that he is not paying either, we do not have any money. I do not want to have my house forclosure, should we declare bankcruptcy? Where can I get help to find $ 6,000 to pay back taxes and put it on escrow and then mortage would be $ 550.00 that is better than $ 682. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help for property taxes

Post by Admin »

Sounds like in addition to the help with property taxes you have other needs. This link will provide info for the property tax help. Also, on this site you can find many additional programs and options.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... erty_.html
For example, if you go to the state and local assistance program menu bar on the left, find NY and then Onondaga County. You will find a listing of other agencies and charities in Syracuse area that may be able to offer you with assistance and help with paying bills. FYI I use to live in Camillus NY...other side of Onondaga County, just west of Syracuse.
alimay7 wrote:hello, me and my husband work, we have not paid our property taxes for 2yrs need $6,000 to pay and put it in escrow. The bank said if we do not do anything it will be for forclosure in 2013. The bank also told us they would pay it, but then our mortage including taxes would be $ 682.00 a month we pay right now $348.00. I make $ 6,000.00, my husband makes $ 20,000.00 have 2 kids. We owe in the house $ 47,000.00 for 30yrs. We bought it in 2007. My interest is 6.1, If I take the banks offer to pay, could I right away refinance, and I would only refinance if it drops atleast 2 points. If I take their offer is that putting a lean on my property? We live in East Syracuse, NY. I am looking for another job, and my husband being a teacher is looking for a teacher job, he is a teachers assistant with a masters degree. Cannot find a job in his field for 3yrs. We also owe the IRS, because when I had them done, I did not notice they did not input one of the W2 and so we got money, but not really, because I declared injured spouse, my husband owes $ 45,000.00 in student loans so they took his money and gave us for me $ 1,200 on one and $ 1,000 in another. We got the money and used for bills and were not aware until I went to my school and because of low income I go to school for free, I had to submit my financial aid papers and they noticed. I got it fixed and we ended owing back $ 2,300 which we are on a plan paying $ 50.00 a month. The next tax time if we get any money back that will be paid first. We cannot do $ 682.00 in our current income. My husband owes credit cards that he is not paying either, we do not have any money. I do not want to have my house forclosure, should we declare bankcruptcy? Where can I get help to find $ 6,000 to pay back taxes and put it on escrow and then mortage would be $ 550.00 that is better than $ 682. Please help.
JohnJackson

Post by JohnJackson »

Dear Sir/Mam...I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I am contacting you on behalf of my senior citizen parents. They are both over 65 years of age. Their sole income is their social security. I am contacting your office asking for financial help to pay off their property taxes in the amount of $1050. My mother was recently admitted to the hospital for hip replacement surgery and she has to go to physical therapy two to three times a week. Before she was admitted to the hospital for hip replacement surgery, she had to be admitted to the hospital for a flu type sickness. My dad is not in the best of health either. He has a heart problem and high blood pressure. They cannot afford to pay their property taxes because of medical expenses and prescription drug costs and other expenses. I am hoping your office can ease their financial burden and pay off their property taxes this year. I really would appreciate it. If you have any questions please call me. I also would like for you to contact me by E-mail as well to let me know if you can help my parents. Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

No, we can't pay off property taxes. We do not provide cash to anyone. We only offer information, guidance, and support to people who are looking for help. So, that being said, here is information for some places to call in Davidson County and Nashville Tennessee. Look for some health care for your parents, medications, and who knows, maybe someone will have some funds for those property taxes.
JohnJackson wrote:Dear Sir/Mam...I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I am contacting you on behalf of my senior citizen parents. They are both over 65 years of age. Their sole income is their social security. I am contacting your office asking for financial help to pay off their property taxes in the amount of $1050. My mother was recently admitted to the hospital for hip replacement surgery and she has to go to physical therapy two to three times a week. Before she was admitted to the hospital for hip replacement surgery, she had to be admitted to the hospital for a flu type sickness. My dad is not in the best of health either. He has a heart problem and high blood pressure. They cannot afford to pay their property taxes because of medical expenses and prescription drug costs and other expenses. I am hoping your office can ease their financial burden and pay off their property taxes this year. I really would appreciate it. If you have any questions please call me. I also would like for you to contact me by E-mail as well to let me know if you can help my parents. Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely
NicoleIa

Post by NicoleIa »

Dear Sirs,

I’m writing you in need of assistance regarding my delinquent property taxes.... I am employed for the State of Iowa threw social services as a case manager which involves caring for the elderly. I receive 740.00 a month from my job. I’m currently delinquent on my Property taxes and ready to be forced out of my home. I have rang the bell for the Salvation Army in the past, so I turned to their organization and wasn't very successful there, due to not falling in the category. I’m in need of assistance or some guidance on how to go about paying my delinquent property taxes and not losing my home. If you could please respond to my e-mail with any helpful information concerning this matter, it would be appreciated.
Floridaper

Post by Floridaper »

I am inquiring about assistance for my aunt who has been denied disability from the social security administration and is currently unable to work. She is currently behind on her property taxes and utilities. She also has a gas leak that has caused her not to have gas in her home for a few years now. I have done all that I can to assist but with a limited income myself there is only so much I can do.
Is there an agency that can offer her some assistance so that she does not lose her home to a property tax sale?