Losing home to tax sale

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Linag
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Losing home to tax sale

Post by Linag »

Good morning. I am in great need for some kind of assistance, resource or possible housing counseling because I may lose my residence to an upcoming tax sale in the beginning of September for delinquent property taxes in McKean County, Pennsylvania. To make this short, I reside in my childhood home by myself after both parents passed away (my father more recent; December 2013). The property was left to me in the will, but it is still an estate due to a few issues requiring completion first.
My sole income is Social Security Disability which I've been receiving for over 5 years and I owe property taxes from 2012 to present costing over $2,000 a year. I contacted my local Tax Claim Bureau and the only option given is payment arrangements owing $580 in cash by September 5, 2014 to avoid sheriff sale along with 3 more payments every other month at the same amount.
I'll do whatever is necessary to avoid losing my house, but was hoping there were other options available because I have very limited income (SSD) and this is still an Estate. Please contact me if additional information is required for help or to advise in any way. Thanks in advance for your time and help regarding my issue.
AnnaMom

Re: Losing home to tax sale

Post by AnnaMom »

Hello, I am a 47 year old single mother of an 18 year old daughter who lives with me and we are about to lose our home due to unpaid taxes. We are about to lose our home due to delinquent real estate taxes. I live in St. Charles County Missouri and have not been employed since December 2020. I have applied for disability but have not received it yet. I am in dire need of assistance for taxes as I do not want to lose my home. I own my house outright but have no income. I have exhausted all of my savings and 401k. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you only live on disability, and have an 18 year old daughter, how will you support yourself? Disability only pays (at most) like $1200 or so per month. So less than 20K per year. There is no way you will be able to afford a home, food, utilities, etc. You need a sustainable solution. Regardless, try this for emergency property tax help.
AnnaMom wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 am Hello, I am a 47 year old single mother of an 18 year old daughter who lives with me and we are about to lose our home due to unpaid taxes. We are about to lose our home due to delinquent real estate taxes. I live in St. Charles County Missouri and have not been employed since December 2020. I have applied for disability but have not received it yet. I am in dire need of assistance for taxes as I do not want to lose my home. I own my house outright but have no income. I have exhausted all of my savings and 401k. Please help.
Hanlon3

Post by Hanlon3 »

I own my home in Hillsborough County Brandon Florida.
I lost everything except my home because of Covid19.
I am at risk of losing it due to unpaid property taxes within the next 2 weeks. There may be a tax sale.
I have been searching for months for assistance to help prevent this from happening.
I have zero money in bank or on hand & can not work because I have become the primary care giver for my 80 year old father with dementia and mother with Parkinson.
Is there any immediate assistance programs available to me so I do not lose a home to tax sale?
I can't lose my home it is the only thing I have left.
I am not lazy or trying to take advantage of anyone. Before C19 I was a very successful person.
Thank you in advance for your help.