Bankruptcy is not discharging our taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Shannon12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bankruptcy is not discharging our taxes

Post by Shannon12 »

Thanks again. We were in Bankruptcy Chapter 13 but they cut my SSI so we weren't able to pay it. Now we go to court Friday for Chapter 7. So now were looking at losing our home and owe IRS and property Taxes. Total of taxes together is $1,738.47 and to pay off our home is $20,822.93. I'm just so lost and confused on everything. Thanks again,
Kevin L

Re: Bankruptcy is not discharging our taxes

Post by Kevin L »

My parents took ownership of this house after my grandfather died and we owe taxes.
He struggled to die the last years of  his life ...the Doctors gave him a few months and He last 2 and a half years ...
During this time, his saving were  depleted and the house fell in disrepair.
We spent 28,000$ on the roof.
Though the city says it needs like 20,000$ worth of repairs as well as back taxes - we may need to file bankruptcy.
My parents had to file bankruptcy to stop the county from selling it.
My question is just ... do you know of any programs or grants to help Us fix it up ...as my parents have a mortgage on their own house.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bankruptcy is not discharging our taxes

Post by Admin »

We are not sure of your case or situation. As each case is different. While lawyers can be expensive, there are some free programs out there. Both pro-bono and for low income or older families. Find how to get free bankruptcy advice.