Instacart gig job not enough for the bills

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Thee Ripper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Instacart gig job not enough for the bills

Post by Thee Ripper »

Hello there.
My name is Mariah and I am a single mother of 3 going through a very nasty divorce. I am only 27 and when I found out about my husbands affair, he left the children and I with absolutely nothing. He was paying for everything. I got a job at Instacart delivering but it barely pays. He still refuses to get off my apartment lease, my van loan and any other thing that ties us together.
I was a stay at home mom for almost 3 years due to having my two youngest children so close together then the pandemic happening, so my husband was paying for everything. I have been cleaning houses and doing Instacart as a way to bring in cash but it’s never enough for more than our daily living expenses like diapers, wipes, hygiene and supper for the day.
My van is perfect for our children and Instacart because it is spacious enough to fit all 3 car seats comfortably. I have a lot of job interviews lined up the next few weeks and I know I’ll manage getting to them somehow weather it’s walking, the bus or rides from someone, but I really need to get my own transportation back to be self sufficient.
I knew the day would come that this would happen, but the bank has come and taken our van and is only giving me 10 days to come up with the past due balance and the repossession/reinstatement fees. They are giving me a chance to save it but it is money that I just do not have. I am very scared this will be held against me in court, as I have court dates coming up for the divorce and my husband is a different person every other day, one day he could be really nice and the next he could be calling me a terrible irresponsible person for not having a vehicle.
It is so important that I get to these court dates, get the kids to and from their doctors appointments and also their bible school Monday-Friday. I know it is a long shot to get such assistance for something, and since it is a large amount of money, but I am desperate and reaching out to anyone and every program I think that may be able to help or forward this email/send me in the right direction for resources. This is just money that I do not have from my Instacart job and I have no family around here that would ever help me and my children. If you could please send this email to anyone you think may/can help or any resources that would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Instacart gig job not enough for the bills

Post by Admin »

Yes, gig work jobs are usually not enough to pay the bills and "get by". Instacart is no different. Many people work multiple gig type jobs - instacart and something else say. But look into our resources for help here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rkers.html

Thee Ripper wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:16 am If you could please send this email to anyone you think may/can help or any resources that would be greatly appreciated.